Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4291 of 4,559

pushkal p wrote:
I'm curious to know the functionality of "proposal withdrawal".
Help me with the functionality of proposal withdraw.

Again: It is there in case you are no longer interested in the job.

pushkal p wrote:
How i can be helped by withdrawing the proposal.

Unless you are nt interested in the job, you can't be helped by using it. Simply don't use it! 

pushkal_prakash
pushkal p Member Since: Oct 11, 2020
4292 of 4,559
So how can i get my connects wih no use of no one hired me. So in this way
upwork will be more benefited from the freelancers I'm i right. It's that
simple if a client chats with the freelancer THOUGH THE FREELANCER HIRED OR
NOT UPWORK CAN CHARGE THE FREELANCER. SO AS A FREELANCER I NEED BEAR ALL HE
THINGS.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4293 of 4,559

pushkal p wrote:
So how can i get my connects wih no use of no one hired me.

You buy them like everyone else.

Or use a different platform.

2591126f
Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
4294 of 4,559

pushkal p wrote:
So how can i get my connects wih no use of no one hired me. So in this way
upwork will be more benefited from the freelancers I'm i right. It's that
simple if a client chats with the freelancer THOUGH THE FREELANCER HIRED OR
NOT UPWORK CAN CHARGE THE FREELANCER. SO AS A FREELANCER I NEED BEAR ALL HE

That is called business expense. It is not very different from freelancing in a Brick and mortar office.

You can spend time and money to create a great proposal but if the client does not hire you or just junks the job, you need to bear the expenses  from your own pocket. Nobody will compensate you. 

You need to built it in your rates, such that costs of these failures are adequately covered.

The idea of introducing connects was to stop spamming by the freelancers. If they return the connects for withdrawn proposal, the whole point of  introducing it will be defeated, so they are not going to give you connects back for withdrawing proposal.

Withdrawing of proposal is meant for situations when after submitting the proposal, freelancers decides against proceeding with that Job. They can deny even after getting an offer but this is an added ability to pull from a job as soon as one has decided not to work on. This has nothing to do with connects.

felic-foss
Felic F Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
4295 of 4,559

Hey Support Team! Why am I getting the "buy connects" as I try to bid for a job? I need to know because I feel disadvantage for be hindered to bid for jobs that I can handle comfortably just because of the "Connect" option. It is somehow irritating for me as a new user.

Regards.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4296 of 4,559

Hi Felic,

In order to be able to send proposals you will need to have available Connects on your profile. If you don't have any Connects, you will need to purchase them by going to Settings > Membership & Connects > Add Connects. Thank you.

Untitled
innocent50
Innocent N Member Since: Aug 31, 2018
4297 of 4,559

What happens when you exhaust your connects and haven't received any offers?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4298 of 4,559

Hi Innocent,

we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our 

Terms of Service. If you need more Connects to submit a proposal, you can purchase them from your account. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
adilmemonn
Muhammad A Member Since: Oct 14, 2020
4299 of 4,559

I have completed my upwork readiness test and my profile is also 100% completed why i did not get free connects?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4300 of 4,559

Hi Muhammad,

At the moment we don't have any free Connects. Once you become a Rising Talent, you will receive 30 free Connects. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled