Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Antonio B Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
4351 of 4,543

Hi Goran,

thank you for your answer. Now I understand. I thought the 60 connects I bought would renew in the new billing cycle regardless of membership.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Carlos L Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
4352 of 4,543

Hi! I was wondering what happens on these jobs that says more than 6 months we pay 6 connects to bid, but what if threafter the client only gives work for 1 month, someone monithors this? to give each bidder his connects back. Recently a client says in his post more than 6 months but ended hiring me for a fixed price one time contract, while all of us biddres were required 6 connects to apply. So its 6 connect to apply based on client promise? None monitors this? Is there a system for such situations?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4353 of 4,543

Carlos L wrote:

Hi! I was wondering what happens on these jobs that says more than 6 months we pay 6 connects to bid, but what if threafter the client only gives work for 1 month, 

Nothing.

Carlos L wrote:

someone monithors this?

No

Carlos L wrote:

None monitors this? 

No

Carlos L wrote:

Is there a system for such situations?

No

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4354 of 4,543

Hi Carlos,

Once a job is posted, we may lower the number of Connects needed to encourage more freelancers to submit proposals. In these cases, if you submitted a proposal shortly after the job was posted you might be required to use more Connects than someone who will submit a proposal a few days later, for example.

We are looking at ways to more accurately set the Connects needed to submit a proposal to job posts like these (where the client might indicate an incorrect budget or project length). We also recommend carefully reading the entire project description to see if the client shared more information there, rather than determining the value of a job based on the Connects needed.
We calculate the number of Connects needed based on the projected job duration, budget amount and marketplace demand.  Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ashot K Member Since: Mar 26, 2016
4355 of 4,543

More then 90% of cases jobs that I applied for are getting expired because clients don't hire anyone.

So while we are spending our connections and even paying for them clients can open any amount of jobs they want to (sometimes the same job over and over again) and waste our connections (not talking about time) when they don't even have an intention to hire someone.

I don't know about other fields but particularly for Software Development field in most cases they want to listen opinions, suggestions and take small demos for free and dissapear.

There needs to be a mechanism to stop that. Like limiting job count client can post or they should pay for that, or at least return our connections when job expired.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4356 of 4,543

Hi Ashot,

We know this is an issue and we are actively looking at ways to solve it. We already look for and remove job posts that violate our Terms of Service. But we understand, for example, that when a client forgets to close a job post and doesn’t hire it is frustrating for freelancers. Once we find a solution, we’ll be sure to announce it. Please note that if you see a job that is suspicious or inappropriate, please click "Flag as inappropriate" in the job post so we can review it.

Please note that Connects are only refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our TOS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Marco S Member Since: Oct 25, 2020
4357 of 4,543

Hello, so will the connects not get a refund if someone doesn't accept my proposal? Even the connects that I bought?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4358 of 4,543

Hi Marco,

We will return Connects only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Marco S Member Since: Oct 25, 2020
4359 of 4,543

So now I have 0 connects unless I buy more? Very nice I think I will quit the platform no point in buying more if I don't even sell my services.

Highlighted
Wesley H Member Since: Oct 30, 2020
4360 of 4,543

Hello. I actually saw I had connect returned due to me withdrawing my proposals one night but now they all disappeared. So withdrawing proposals doesn't give back the connects? as I have withdraw a few ones already and noticed it didn't get added to my account and tried resubmitting it but found out that you need to use the connects again to resubmit proposals?

Is it possible to get those connects back as I saw at first my connects were returned due to me withdrawing my proposals but then now looking into it, I never got it. Please look into this. As I usually wait for a week to withdraw and I see they are interviewing other people already. If it is not possible, could I at least get the connects of the jobs I resubmit the same proposals without using connects as I thought it gave back connects but now I don't see anything from it. Thanks