cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4361 of 4,559

Hi Wesley,

I would like to clarify that Connects are not refunded when proposals are withdrawn. We will only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
Wesley H Member Since: Oct 30, 2020
4362 of 4,559

Okay. Is it possible to send the proposals that I withdrew without using more connects as I did see that it gave me more connects in the beginning when I withdrew it so I started withdrewing some proposals (over half) to get those back. Or just be able to reverse my withdrawal?

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4363 of 4,559

Wesley H wrote:

Okay. Is it possible to send the proposals that I withdrew without using more connects as I did see that it gave me more connects in the beginning when I withdrew it so I started withdrewing some proposals (over half) to get those back. Or just be able to reverse my withdrawal?

No, it is not possible. They have already answered you in which cases the connections are returned.
Also, if you withdrew those proposals, I guess it was because you weren't interested, why do you want to send the same proposals?
You have to read the help. At first I thought it would work like this too, but before I did I read help and forums and got rid of doing this nonsense Smiley Happy

4364 of 4,559

Well I was interested but was just getting my connects back as I got some connects back in the first two withdrawal so thats why I was doing it. But I am new to this so it is okay. Guess I learned it the hard way.

Marco S Member Since: Oct 25, 2020
4365 of 4,559

Yeah it's a scratch and win system, bought 40 connects and in total of 60 connects no one hired me. Only way to get more connects? Buy another scratch and win or get the monthly plan.

4366 of 4,559

Well I bought about 200 connects as my friend suggested using this job. so you bought 40 connects but got 60? 

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4367 of 4,559

Wesley H wrote:

Well I bought about 200 connects as my friend suggested using this job. so you bought 40 connects but got 60? 

I guess he means he got 20 free connects for being new to Upwork. And bought 40 more. 

Total, 60 connects.

Genius C Member Since: May 28, 2018
4368 of 4,559

I don't have Upwork balance and my Payoneer card also expired.As a result i am unable to submit proposal .How could i solve this problem? I have been working in this place since 2014.In the mind time i was irregular for my skill devlopment.Now i  eagerly want to start with professionally.But the main issue is i can not submit proposal.Please help me to solve this problem. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4369 of 4,559

Hi Genius,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Sohit D Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
4370 of 4,559

Hello everyone, I got a notification that 2 jobs have been closed today without hiring anyone but I didn't get my connects refunded. Please, can anyone help me with it?