Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
91 of 2,351

Hi Valeria,

Well, it's not very fair, is it?
By implementing the change at random, some may be lucky to have it happen when they have just received the free connects and others will arrive when they have a few (or none).

I think this would have been fairer if it had been implemented the day after each conect cycle was updated.
So, at least, you start with 60 for free.
I do not know if I explain myself very well Smiley Happy

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
92 of 2,351

Thanks for your question, Maria.

Because this is a big change, we’re rolling it out over several weeks to help ensure a smooth transition without engineering issues or bugs. We understand this means some freelancers will pay for Connects earlier than others, and we appreciate your understanding.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
Caroline W Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
93 of 2,351
Maria you explained it better than I did. I understand you very well. I have no idea whether I should off load the connects I gave or hang onto them as who knows when I'll get switched over.
But none of this us done to be fair. They don't give a d a m n
Community Leader
94 of 2,351

So a questoin about paying for connects. Has this system started? If I don't use up my current free connects by the end of the month, will I lose them all? Or will they roll over?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
95 of 2,351

Hi Caroline, 

You may read an update about the changes to the connects in this announcement post. We are gradually moving freelancers to paid Connects starting in May. You will receive an email reminder one week before this takes place. You’ll also see a pop-up notification in your Upwork account once your account is moved to paid Connects.

The free connects that you do not use up before this change will roll-over once you have moved to paid Connects. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
96 of 2,351
And they won't roll over if I don't get switched over. So spend or save? All just a gamble
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
97 of 2,351

Caroline W wrote:
And they won't roll over if I don't get switched over. So spend or save? All just a gamble

I changed to Freelancer Plus for just one cycle to rollover the two cycles before the change.
Since you are top rated you can use any connect you have more than 80 since you will receive another 60 and you cannot rollover more than 140 into the first after change cycle.

Community Leader
98 of 2,351

This is a bit unclear. 

Are you saying that ss a Top Rated, I get to keep any connects I have when the switch happens, and I will get an extra 60?

But that doesn't tell me what to do with the connects I have at the moment? Because if I am not switched over before my current cycle finishes, they will disappear.  If I knew when I would be switched over, I could decide what to do with them. 

How can you help with that?

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
99 of 2,351

Caroline,
I'm afraid you're going to have to relax with this topic. As you can see by the recurring responses, nobody is going to tell you when the change will be for you.
As Jennifer R said, if you are TR, the ones that you have (when change arrives for you) from the free ones, will be added to the 60 that they will give you and this is the only thing that you will get to know.
So, for your mental health, stop thinking about the issue.
Bid for jobs that really seem interesting to you, and whatever happens to happen.
That I am a conformist ?, Yes, we have no other choice Robot wink

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
100 of 2,351

Maria T wrote:

Caroline,
I'm afraid you're going to have to relax with this topic. As you can see by the recurring responses, nobody is going to tell you when the change will be for you.
As Jennifer R said, if you are TR, the ones that you have (when change arrives for you) from the free ones, will be added to the 60 that they will give you and this is the only thing that you will get to know.
So, for your mental health, stop thinking about the issue.
Bid for jobs that really seem interesting to you, and whatever happens to happen.
That I am a conformist ?, Yes, we have no other choice Robot wink

I would give this post 10,000 kudos if I could.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS