Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
David A Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
91 of 4,314

Hello there

I recently bought some connects for 5 dollars with my agency account and now I only got 5 connects. The change was in this month of May right?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
92 of 4,314

It's rolling out slowly and I guess you get an email when you're time is up (mine isn't yet either so haven't gotten an email). Check the Announcement section and you'll see where they discuss it.

Highlighted
Abdullah A Member Since: May 9, 2018
93 of 4,314

World's Top Freelance site is still looking for ways and i think its only to hide under the bush i dont think you will find "ways" soon

What happens to my Connects if a client doesn’t hire and never closes their job, will these be refunded?

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open jobs to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

Highlighted
Lakshmanan Prakash A Member Since: Dec 22, 2017
94 of 4,314

Hello

I am in Freelancer Plus plan which got renewed on May 15th under the existing pricing of $10. I have received the mail notification regarding the change in pricing to $14.99 and the start date to be May 20th.

May I know how things will pan out for such a scenario?

Thanks in advance

Prakash

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
95 of 4,314

Hi Prakash,

The change won't affect your current billing cycle but once the change is rolled out, the price of the Plus plan will be updated accordingly.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Caroline W Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
96 of 4,314

So it's the middle of May and I have 30 odd connects left. Will I lose them when I am switched to paying for connects?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 4,314

Hi Caroline,

When this change takes place you’ll be able to roll over as many as 140 Connects regardless of when in the past you received them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
98 of 4,314

So can you guarantee that "When it takes place" will be before the end of May when I would otherwise lose any left over connects?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
99 of 4,314

Are you referring to your current billing cycle ending, Caroline?

If your new billing cycle starts and then for example this change takes effect for you five days later, you’ll keep any of the Connects you received for that new billing cycle that fall within the 140 Connect rollover limit. 

You'll also receive an email about a week before your account is moved to paid connect.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
100 of 4,314

I'm referring to the current connects that I have. I don't know when I will go to paying for connects. So how can I know whether to spend them or save them? How do I know whether they will not be rolled over, or whether I will be switched over to paying in time for them to be rolled over. 

Does this sound confused? Yes I am confused. I got so confused last month I thought I would keep any connects I didn't spend. But that was stupid because a whole 35 of them disappeared. 

So what do I do? Spend them or save them?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS