Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
2351 of 2,626

Upwork return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring, or Upwork finds a job post has violated Upwork Terms of Service. When this happens, the connects are credited to your account.

Please read this post:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Connects-refund/td-p/609469

Joynul Abedin
Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Feb 14, 2020
2352 of 2,626

Hi, I am new at upwork I just want to know that i had submitted a purposal on a job and then that proposal after few hours came in Achiever tab. Now I want to ask you that there is no reason given there on job is closed is written. So Basically my Question is that now if i withdraw from that project then will I be given my connects back or not.

Highlighted
Mohammed G Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
2353 of 2,626

No, connects are refunded only when a client cancel the job without hiring or when a job is removed for violating Upwork's terms.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Connects-refund/td-p/609469/page/2

Highlighted
Karthikramasamy S Member Since: Feb 16, 2020
2354 of 2,626

I submitted a proposal. But I was not hired. Somebodyelse was hired. Will I get back the connects..?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2355 of 2,626

No, you won't.

Highlighted
Manel R Member Since: Feb 17, 2020
2356 of 2,626

Hello,

as I have not found a way to contact the support team of this website, will ask my question here:

do I get new connects every month with my free membership freelance account? or the only way to get more is to buy them?

thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2357 of 2,626

Manel - You have to buy connects if you want them when you have a free Upwork membership.

Highlighted
Muhammad D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
2358 of 2,626

I am new to upwork. How many connects will i receive monthly or daily? I only got 20 at the beginning of my account.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2359 of 2,626

Hi Muhammad,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't receive free connects anymore. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mikalai R Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
2360 of 2,626

Hey Upwork, when are you planning to revert this terrible decision?
I have jobs filter, year ago I usually received 5-10 jobs per day, but now 1-2 or nothing. And it's not very specific filter, as you could mean. May be it's time to sum up, say to all community sorry and provide better marketplace for freelancers, not just clients.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS