cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
21 of 2,351

Thank you for your answer, but now I don't send proposals if they don´t give details about the specific topic. I check their Profile, previous jobs and feedbacks to guess if it´s in my field of expertice. Or...if I have connects left I use them to ask.  

But, now if I have to pay to apply I will consider it much more. 

Is not so dificult to add an item "Topic / Field" in the Job Offer if Upwork is interested in doing it. 

Thank you

débora frid 

Ace Contributor
Jeffrey C Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
22 of 2,351

Off topic question for you...How do you check the clients' profile?  When I am looking for jobs and click on one, it never lists the client or any info about them except whether their payment method is verified or not.  If we were able to check their profiles along with the job they posted that would at least give us some idea as to how the client has acted in the past.  

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
23 of 2,351

Jeffrey C wrote:

Off topic question for you...How do you check the clients' profile?  When I am looking for jobs and click on one, it never lists the client or any info about them except whether their payment method is verified or not.  If we were able to check their profiles along with the job they posted that would at least give us some idea as to how the client has acted in the past.  

If you click on the work, it opens a "pop up" that does not have all the information.
To see it, you have to click on the top right "Open job in a new window"

Captura.JPG

To not have to take two steps (Upwork, to see if you change it), I click with the right button and directly "open in a new tab".

Dwight S Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
24 of 2,351

there is no good reason for the connects now for sale, quality of applications etc. I never waste my job connects knowingly. So your thinking here is wrong. Watch what happens with your talented freelancers, they are going to migrate to another platform that is conducive to good business and treats people fairly.

I can understand maybe making new freelancers pay until the have some history, but for us who have been around for years and made lots of money for upwork, its not a good way to say thanks.

Dwight

Marjan k Member Since: Jul 8, 2019
25 of 2,351

Hi Valeria 

in the new system 
in the description 
Quick jobs for $50 or less - One or two Connects will be needed 
but in my search for job 
the jobs of 50 USD fixed priced 
are with 4 connects price 
what is going on ??

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 2,351

Hi Marjan,

We calculate the number of Connects needed based on the projected job duration, budget amount as well as marketplace demand. Once a job is posted we also may lower the number of Connects needed to encourage more freelancers to submit proposals. If demand is too great, we may increase the number of Connects needed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
27 of 2,351

Ok so you are saying that if there is to much proposals you will make more connects needed , but in the sample atached is a proof that what are you saying is not right  .. the job is posted 1 hour ago and has less then 5 propsals and required connects are 4 ?? 

Do you see that here something is not right ?? 

28 of 2,351

Hi Valeria 

I think this job proposal (see attached file)  says all .. Its less than a day for the job , the budget is 5 USD and still requires 2 connects .. Can you pls comment on this for the whole upwork community ?? 

Community Guru
Richard L Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
29 of 2,351

"We calculate the number of Connects needed based on the projected job duration" I realize, Valeria, that you are just doing your job and perhaps saying what you've been told. I recently ran across a job where the description was:

"No time of deliver yet. Just looking to hire an editor with full experience in fiction/non fiction novels. Particularly my book is the type of adventure/spiritual book."

That says nothing.

I read what I could of the client History. 1 hire. $1600, complete...

Payment method verified

0.00 of 0 reviews
  • United States
    Miami 07:10 am
  • 3 jobs posted
    34% hire rate, 1 open job
  • $1k+ total spent
    1 hire, 1 active
  • Member since Jul 17, 2018

This "prime" job that costs 6 connects to apply barely has a record on Upwork, and because the description says "long term" freelancers need to believe that is the case. He could have hired himself for alI know.

In 1 year of activity, a client spends 1600$ on one contract...How does that make this client special? Am I not special for earning 10 times more than he spent?

Understand I am not arguing with you, Valeria. I am indebted to Upwork and I want the community to succeed. Explain to me why this job is special for a client who spends maybe $133 a month? I spend that per week in fees and VAT. No one gives me preferential anything.

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
30 of 2,351

Same here, $450 every week goes to Upwork from my paycheck. In a way, freelancer is the client... Can we please revert back to whatever was before June... That's when I started noticing problems.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS