Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lilit P Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
21 of 4,314
Hi, I paid at first 9usd then 1,5 usd for connection but haven`t received it yet.
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
22 of 4,314

Hi Lilit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
23 of 4,314

Lena E wrote:

Clients often post $5 jobs because they aren’t sure about the budget. How does Connects pricing work for these types of jobs?

At times, jobs might require fewer Connects because the client listed a smaller budget by mistake or because they were unsure of the budget. We are looking at ways to more accurately set the Connects needed to submit a proposal to job posts like these (where the client might indicate an incorrect budget or project length). We also recommend carefully reading the entire project description to see if the client shared more information there, rather than determining the value of a job based on the Connects needed.  

How do you calculate the Connects price for an hourly job?

When a client posts an hourly job they select an experience level, time requirement and job duration. We use these to estimate the projected budget. If any of these details are not specified in the job post, we use the other info provided to determine the Connects price.

Why are you telling us to check project descriptions to determine the value of jobs? It is not our responsibility to decide how many Connects are required for jobs.

Regarding using "other info" to determine the value of hourly jobs—how will that be done and what is the "other info"? It seems like it will require a human being to read all new job posts.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
24 of 4,314

Hello,

According to the changes coming soon, we have to pay for applying and sending a proposal. 

As I'm specialized in specific topics, in specific fields of expertice, I'd like, and I ask Upwork to check/ ask clients to post detailed jobs. Is not enough to ask for "writers" or "translators", because I can´t apply if I don´t know the topic. 

I completed my specialized Profiles, and my Profile is clear about my Profession and skills but most of the clients don´t check it. Some of them just ask "freelancers with the lower rates". 

So, please, add an item about "topic" or "field" required.

I understand that Upwork´s interest is getting a lot of proposals (if we pay for them) but sometimes we can´t apply if we don´t know what the clients needs.

Thank you

Débora F.  

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 4,314

Thank you for your feedback, Débora.

Actually, with this change we expect freelancers will submit fewer proposals, making it easier for clients to identify high-quality talent and increasing the chances for talented freelancers to get hired.

We know clients at times do not provide accurate or full information in their job posts, for a variety of reasons. We do provide clients with tips to create complete, accurate job posts and will continue to look at ways to make sure freelancers have the information they need to evaluate a job post, vet a client and decide whether it is worth using Connects to submit a proposal.

Note, I've moved your post to the thread dedicated to this change so we can better address questions and feedback about it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
26 of 4,314

Thank you for your answer, but now I don't send proposals if they don´t give details about the specific topic. I check their Profile, previous jobs and feedbacks to guess if it´s in my field of expertice. Or...if I have connects left I use them to ask.  

But, now if I have to pay to apply I will consider it much more. 

Is not so dificult to add an item "Topic / Field" in the Job Offer if Upwork is interested in doing it. 

Thank you

débora frid 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jeffrey C Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
27 of 4,314

Off topic question for you...How do you check the clients' profile?  When I am looking for jobs and click on one, it never lists the client or any info about them except whether their payment method is verified or not.  If we were able to check their profiles along with the job they posted that would at least give us some idea as to how the client has acted in the past.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
28 of 4,314

Jeffrey C wrote:

Off topic question for you...How do you check the clients' profile?  When I am looking for jobs and click on one, it never lists the client or any info about them except whether their payment method is verified or not.  If we were able to check their profiles along with the job they posted that would at least give us some idea as to how the client has acted in the past.  

If you click on the work, it opens a "pop up" that does not have all the information.
To see it, you have to click on the top right "Open job in a new window"

Captura.JPG

To not have to take two steps (Upwork, to see if you change it), I click with the right button and directly "open in a new tab".

Highlighted
Dwight S Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
29 of 4,314

there is no good reason for the connects now for sale, quality of applications etc. I never waste my job connects knowingly. So your thinking here is wrong. Watch what happens with your talented freelancers, they are going to migrate to another platform that is conducive to good business and treats people fairly.

I can understand maybe making new freelancers pay until the have some history, but for us who have been around for years and made lots of money for upwork, its not a good way to say thanks.

Dwight

Highlighted
Marjan k Member Since: Jul 8, 2019
30 of 4,314

Hi Valeria 

in the new system 
in the description 
Quick jobs for $50 or less - One or two Connects will be needed 
but in my search for job 
the jobs of 50 USD fixed priced 
are with 4 connects price 
what is going on ??