Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mohammed G Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
3191 of 3,247

You get your connects back only if the job expires without any hire, if the client has hired someone, the connects are not refunded.

The connects are refundable if nobody is hired.

Highlighted
Fatima K Member Since: May 19, 2020
3192 of 3,247

Ohhh I see! Thank u so much for help!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mohammed G Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
3193 of 3,247

You're welcome!

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
3194 of 3,247

my connects has been returned!

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
3195 of 3,247

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3196 of 3,247

Muhammad A wrote:

I have applied for several jobs that said connects will return if client did not hire on this.
There are number of jobs on which I bid are now closed by client without hiring but still I have not got any connect back from those :/

How long ago did you apply?  The job has to close first which I believe takes a month of no client activity.

Is upwork is doing fraud on this to freelancers ?

Doubt it

Highlighted
Muzammil H. R Member Since: May 23, 2020
3197 of 3,247

same here,
the jobs i applied to, are closed now.. even then my connects are not being returned..

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3198 of 3,247

Hi Muzammil,

Please note that Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Additionally, there is a new test in which Connects are returned on contracts that don't hire anyone and have gone dormant. You can check the official announcement in this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3199 of 3,247

Muhammad - Is Upwork doing fraud? Are you kidding? Upwork has MILLIONS of freelancers! And you are competing in your category against thousands and thousands of other freelancers!

Highlighted
Ahmed Sadman M Member Since: Aug 4, 2018
3200 of 3,247

Hi,

I have been using Upwork for quite some time. According to the new connect policy, there are no free connects. We have to pay for each and every connect we use, either by upgrading our membership or buying connect packages.

I like the new refund connect feature. Unfortunately, it's rarely available in the projects. Why is this? I am still in the beginning stage as a freelancer. I have to spend an average of 4 connects for each bid, knowing that there is almost no possibility of getting hired. And sometimes spending 6 connect seems a bit ridiculous to me, isn't that very high number of Connect? It's my personal opinion though. I am very choosy about my proposals and I only apply to projects of which I am 100% confident of completion. At the end of the day, the clients top priority for selection is Upwork reviews and portfolio works that have only gone through Upwork, which, for a new freelancer, is very frustrating, regardless how much experience that freelancer has in professional life. The amount we're paying for memberships is also relatively high compared to other platforms. Still, I am with Upwork because I love this platform. So, if a client doesn't hire, don't you think we deserve the connect refund? After all, we're paying for each and every connect. There should also be an option to carry over the connect to next month (maybe this already exists but I am not sure).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS