Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Dushko V Member Since: Jun 28, 2020
3491 of 3,945

Same problem here, 

and it's been months since it stopped.

Where am  I supposed to report this issue?

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3492 of 3,945

Dushko - What issue do you want to report? The fact that you are not getting free connects? That was stopped over a year ago!

Highlighted
Rajaa S Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
3493 of 3,945
Hello Upwork community,

I am bringing this up because just a few minutes earlier, I submitted a proposal to a job and 3 ou 4 minutes later I found that the same client posted a new one ( same description, same titles ) but the budget is different : on the first one he proposed an hourly rate and on the second one a 8$ fixed price, is this right to us as freelancer especially that we are straggling with our payoneer freezed cards and looking for new methods to buy new connects ? Why a client has the right to post the same job twice and ignore all the first proposals ?
I know that if the client doesn’t hire my connects will be refunded but is there a time limit for this ? How much time limit does upwork give to the client to hire ?

Thank you very much
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3494 of 3,945

Rajaa S wrote:

I know that if the client doesn’t hire my connects will be refunded 

They won't.

Highlighted
3495 of 3,945
Seriously ? I remember reading somewhere that if the client doesn’t hire the connects will be refunded to the freelancer. If you’re right I find this very unfair to freelancers who paid this connects.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3496 of 3,945

Rajaa S wrote:
Seriously ? I remember reading somewhere that if the client doesn’t hire the connects will be refunded to the freelancer. If you’re right I find this very unfair to freelancers who paid this connects.

That was a test, they don't do that anymore. Flag the job posting, it is not allowed to post multiple identical jobs. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3497 of 3,945

Thanks, Martina. I didn't know that. I occasionally see duplicates of job posts.

Highlighted
Rose A Member Since: May 1, 2020
3498 of 3,945
I have seen this too. And, eventually applied for the same jobs twice. In my case, the same job pasted again after other one expired. Lost connects for both.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3499 of 3,945

Rajaa S wrote:
Seriously ?

Yes. Seriously.

Rajaa S wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that if the client doesn’t hire the connects will be refunded to the freelancer. 

There was an experiment (that has since been discontinued) but in general, connects you have spent are "gone"

Highlighted
3500 of 3,945
Thank you both for your answers, I’m very disappointed to hear this, I will flag the job post as well.
I hope also that UPWORK will reconsider this connects things.
Thanks again
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS