Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3521 of 4,551

Hi Intisar,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects only. This means that freelancers on our basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Sheikh S Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
3522 of 4,551

when will be more free connects be added to my account 

do i have to buy or the will give me connects after a time period

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3523 of 4,551

Hi Sheikh,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects only. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3524 of 4,551

Sheikh - Free connects were discontinued over a year ago!!!

Highlighted
Muhammad N Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
3525 of 4,551

Hi, My name is Muhammad Nadir,I have made my Upwork account from 2014 when I did not know how to work, then I completed my study and set a job. Now I started work again, I have no connect and I did not lose them. I request you to give me my connects to start my work.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3526 of 4,551

Muhammad N - If you want connects, you must buy them.

Highlighted
Melissa B Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
3527 of 4,551

Hello, I'd like to switch back to Basic (temporarily). Before I do can you confirm that I keep all my connects on my balance (since I've already paid for them)?

I did see some older 2016 posts and some more recent inquiries but they didn't specifically ask/answer re: connects.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3528 of 4,551

Hi Melissa, 

If you downgrade your plan, you can keep the remaining connects. Anytime you downgrade your membership plan, the switch will take effect on your next billing cycle date. If you make the switch and your billing cycle ends after paid Connects are rolled out to you, you will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects. To see your billing cycle details, click here. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
3529 of 4,551

My current billing circle is Jun 2, 2020 — Jul 1, 2020 but my connects do not renew and today is Jul 2, 2020

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3530 of 4,551

Hi Muhammad,

You will now have to purchase connects to submit proposals. For more information about connects, please check out this help article. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS