Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3911 of 4,151

Suyash E wrote:

Let us assume that a freelancer has awarded a 50$ project.
When the funds are transferred into his/her Upwork account he/she receives 40$ and 10$ are deducted as a platform fee.

What I want to suggest is please give us connections with that (20% fee)amount.
What are everyone else's views on my suggestion

Why would Upwork give you back their earnings in Connects? How would that help Upwork or clients?

What would I do with thousands of connects? 

The whole point of connects is to stop clients being flooded by proposals. 

Highlighted
Suyash E Member Since: May 8, 2020
3912 of 4,151

Maybe not 100% but 25% at least to freelancers who haven't yet earned 10k maybe

Highlighted
Suyash E Member Since: May 8, 2020
3913 of 4,151

Connects are not real money. They are a trade item. They are being made paid on the portal to avoid spam. But they are still expensive for some people who work on Upwork and for newbie's

Highlighted
Community Guru
3914 of 4,151

Not going to happen.

Highlighted
Dennis H Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
3915 of 4,151

This is very true,

Upwork risks not getting more new skilled Freelancers here. $1.5 for 10 Connects is just too high.

I

I am new here and I have submitted like 30 proposals? Spent roughly $20 and got one $50 client who is yet to close the deal as we he has to finalize with his team he says and its been 2 days which I understand.

I am trying to get more proposals but its not easy for Newbies here. I also have noticed, some clients'/people are just posting many same jobs which they end not recruiting any. We are worsting our time and our money on connects, in the end, may end up not taking Upwork seriously.

I wish that I don't quit on here but they are surely things to be improved.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3916 of 4,151

Dennis H wrote:

Upwork risks not getting more new skilled Freelancers here.

Good. Upwork is absolutely drowning in freelancers. There are way, WAY too many freelancers, and the vast majority never win a single job, ever. That is the harsh reality of Upwork today. Too many freelancers.

Losing freelancers is not a problem. For every one lost there are literally hundreds trying to get in.

Dennis H wrote:

I am new here and I have submitted like 30 proposals? Spent roughly $20 and got one $50 client who is yet to close the deal as we he has to finalize with his team he says and its been 2 days which I understand.

Clients have 14 (NOT 2) days to review the work.

Dennis H wrote:

We are worsting wasting our time and our money on connects, in the end, may end up not taking Upwork seriously.

And that would be a problem for Upwork (which is drowning in freelancers).... how, exactly?

Highlighted
Michelle K Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
3917 of 4,151

I am trying to buy additional connects, but my button for choosing how many is not a selectable option. Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
3918 of 4,151

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Asif L Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
3919 of 4,151

HELLO, I applied for a job but now that job is closed but I did not get I connect back, can you tell me why I didn't get my connects back? link of the job is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3920 of 4,151

Hi Asif,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS