Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4321 of 4,559

Hi Habibur,

At the moment we don't have any free Connects, promo codes, or gifts. If you would like to send more proposals you will need to purchase additional connects. Thank you.

Untitled
e570cd4e
Prit I Member Since: Sep 3, 2020
4322 of 4,559

Hi,

I have a lot of jobs which are in "Job is Closed" state with no hires and now they are in archived proposal list. My concern is why the connects are not refunded for those jobs. I have checked view connect history page from reports menu and i don't find connects getting refunded to my account. There are several job proposals which has hired status but the other ones which doesn't have any hires, I should get the connects back for those. Correct me if my understanding is wrong and let me know what is missing here. 

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4323 of 4,559

Prit I wrote:

Correct me if my understanding is wrong and let me know what is missing here. 

Your understanding is wrong.

You don't get connects back for job posts which expire due to activity.

In practice, you're best off thinking of "spent" connects as "gone forever".

If connects come back occasionally, it's a nice surprise, but they rarely do.

renae14
Renae T Member Since: Oct 22, 2020
4324 of 4,559

Upwork closed 2 jobs I applied for because they violated the policy. I have not received those 12 connects back. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4325 of 4,559

Hi Renae,

I checked your account, and I was able to locate the job post you are referring to. It looks likes the Connects you used has already been refunded. You can check it here. Please let us know if you have further questions. 

-Joanne
Untitled
5ee23ecc
Milena B Member Since: Oct 11, 2020
4326 of 4,559
Hi! I just wanted to know if there was any way to get more free connects? I understood some time ago that every month Upwork gives you connects to submit proposals, but its been 2 months since I am a active freelancers and I don’t see any new connects
Thanks in advance
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4327 of 4,559

Milena B wrote:
Hi! I just wanted to know if there was any way to get more free connects? I understood some time ago that every month Upwork gives you connects to submit proposals, but its been 2 months since I am a active freelancers and I don’t see any new connects
Thanks in advance

Upwork stopped giving out free connects in May/June 2019; now, they cost .15 each.

quate
Marco S Member Since: Oct 25, 2020
4328 of 4,559

Hello, i am new and i have some questions, since i used all my connects for doing proposals, if i would buy more connects will those connects reset after the month? Also if i cancel proposals will i get back the connects?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4329 of 4,559

Hi Marco,

Please note that the Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free Connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. Some background information: Connects system on Upwork was updated a year ago and you can read more about that change in this Community Announcement.

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click hereTo learn more about acceptable billing methods please read this help article. Please know that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information about how to use Connects here

~ Nikola

Untitled
5f7e11d3
Ozan U Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
4330 of 4,559

I sent a draft to a job I applied for, but the job was closed without hiring anyone. Will my connections be returned to my account?

Here is the link of the job I applied for; **Edited for Community Guidelines**