Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Highlighted
Steve V Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
4341 of 4,549

Smiley Happy

If freelancers don't work, so where does Upwork get that 20%? It is clearly showing that freelancers pay, don't you see it? 

Besides, Upwork was great and it is becoming unfair for us so it is our right to raise our voice - it is called constructive feedback. If anyone doesn't like it and just leaves, this world won't be a better place.

Upwork gets 20% of single buck we get paid, and now requires us to pay for $0.15/connects - isn't it making so much profit from that? It is easy to see. 

Highlighted
4342 of 4,549

It seem something happens when my newly post become the post have more than 400 pages of replies. LOL

Anyone can help me with this?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4343 of 4,549

Hi Steve,

We (Moderators) may move or merge threads to better organize our Community. 
Your post was merged here (on our master thread) which is a discussion about the same topic you`ve posted. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
4344 of 4,549

Hi Goran,

Thanks for letting me know. 

Being moved to this makes my questions can't be answered and explained in a proper way. 

Highlighted
4345 of 4,549

It seems you have treated my post not in a proper way. 

Noone can read my post as it seems to disappear. Please advise Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Alla M Member Since: Oct 26, 2020
4346 of 4,549

Dear Upwork team,

I am a new freelancer and just starting my journey with Upwork. I am actively looking for my first contract and already consumed all free 20 credits provided by you. However on few of the job posts for which i applied there is no activity: clients did not respond or even viewed their posts since long time. But our credits got consumed. I would like to give a suggestion, that Upwork should track which job posts are active and which have no activity from client side since X period of time. And in case there is no activity or client is not able to decide long time who to hire, such jobs posts should be cancelled automatically of frozen by Upwork and credits given back to freelancers. Otherwise it is just a waste of credits with no fault of freelancers, but because of client's irresponsibility/lack of time/ not seriousness etc.. Hoping this feedback will reach to you

Thanks

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4347 of 4,549

Hi Alia,

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
4348 of 4,549

It has been a year (I guess) since you advised you are trying to find ways.

Isn't it that so hard? 

Highlighted
Antonio B Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
4349 of 4,549

Hello,

either something is not working properly or I do not understand how the connects work. On 24.09. I bought 60 connects. The new cycle started on 23.10, and still, I didn't get 60 connections back but I should have gotten them on 24.10. Right?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4350 of 4,549

Hi Antonio,

All freelancers were moved to paid Connects back in 2019. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free Connects anymore. 
If you upgrade to our Plus plan then you will receive your monthly pool of Connects at the start of each new cycle. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS