cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
4541 of 4,559

First of all, my apologies if you hurt susceptibilities. Let it be clear that the success of UpWork is certainly everyone's success!
-When I say that a profile can be created to lead to undue credit expenses, it is the same as looking at a contest where you have questions in a lot of envelopes in front of you or on a computer, the last situation leaves doubts in the air .
-Judging by the recent publication of UpWork that they will return to some free credits in the basic profile (10 for now, I think less than 50 is not enough, but that is just my opinion) only demonstrates that my line of reasoning will not be far from truth.
-I believe that the quality of the applications is sometimes far from the best, yet it is better to have a valid answer in 100 than just having 30 or 40 all bad. This is a fact that contractors will have to deal with and will force them to do their homework. I believe that this keeps the relationships that have been successful in the past more alive and lead the recruiter to look for the same freelancer again, it seems to me a positive point.

-I remember that there are also doubtful contractors.
You have to believe in natural selection and it certainly leads to the success of UpWork

Kinta R Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
4542 of 4,559
You need to purchase once connects are low. Usually upwork tells you to
buy should your balance be low.
Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
4543 of 4,559

In the beginning UpWork gave you 60 credits per month in the Basic subscription without any expenses on your part and charged 10% for your work done, only for work done ... now you need to pay both, the credits and the subscription. I mean this way it will leave less quality and quantity for freelancers. I also say that you do not know if a fake profile contributes to spend the credits you buy, because if the contractor does not award the job and remains open the credits do not return to your account!
That's what I mean!

Saurabh G Member Since: Nov 26, 2020
4544 of 4,559

Hi,

I am new to Upwork, Today I was looking at this job

I am trying to send proposal but geting this error

"You don’t have enough Connects to submit this proposal."

First time, it should be free for some connects. It's showing as "Insufficient connects to submit proposal for the job." Can you guys look into this.?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4545 of 4,559

Hi Saurabh,

I would like to confirm that your account is not new and that is why you haven't received any free connects. If you would like to send more proposals you will need to purchase them. Thank you.

Untitled
Md Ziaur R Member Since: Nov 28, 2020
4546 of 4,559

In one of my proposals, 6 connections are being cut !!!

It would not have happened before.

Previously, 2 connections were cut in one proposal.

kindly help me.

Sincerely,

Md. Ziaur Rahman

Upwork new

4547 of 4,559

Hi Ziaur,

I would like to confirm that this is by design. All jobs will not require the same number of Connects. We calculate the number of Connects needed based on the projected job value -- determined using estimated duration and budget amount -- as well as marketplace demand. A longer-term job with a high budget will require more Connects than a small project.

Untitled
Tarek K Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
4548 of 4,559

i have no connects and i cant bid on any whatso ever projects  , so the only way to geta project is buying connects ? 

4549 of 4,559

Hi Tarek,

Yes that is correct. Freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. Thank you.

Untitled
Wajid H Member Since: Oct 12, 2020
4550 of 4,559

Hi.I needed to ask wether i can use my local bank prepaid card to buy connects?Thanks

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS