cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

Rajendra T Member Since: May 3, 2016
51 of 2,351

Recently Upwork made changes to the connects pricing and membership plans. They sent emails to everyone, and posted blog posts, like they are actually reducing the price of using the service.

But effectively they are charghing almost double of previous system. Now my Agency plus plan's effective price is $32 per month instead of $20 per month with 80 connects.

And more than that they have increased the number of connects required per project. Hence comsuming more connects. This is very bad they were already charging so much money in project fee, membership fee and connects. Now it is reached new high.

This is making  it difficult to use Upwork.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
52 of 2,351

Hi Rajendra,

I would like to confirm that the Agency Plus plan is $20, this was not increased to $32. The price of a connect is $0.15 cents and a job can require up to 6 connects.

To learn more about this change check out our resources Here, thank you.

Untitled
Dwight S Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
53 of 2,351

absolutely, its an insult.

Dwight

Joanlee A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
54 of 2,351

Very true Sir.  I feel Upwork is charging their clients sooo much (employers and employees) 

Abdo M Member Since: May 24, 2019
55 of 2,351

So  I just receive the update and you're saying that people will spend $5 monthly, I'm not sure how you measure it but I think I'll spend at least $20, why ?

Because I still see more than 20+ connects for every job and you forget something!

What if the client hires someone? so I lost my money ... " WE NEED SOLUTIONS"

What if the client didn't close the job posting? so I lost my money ... " WE NEED SOLUTIONS"

What if the client didn't contact me after paying money to apply? I lost my money ... " WE NEED SOLUTIONS"

So your solution for canceling the FREE connects is good but how about the client? I BARELY receive the connects back when a good client closing the job posting!

Toufik e Member Since: Dec 4, 2018
56 of 2,351

believe that the number of businesses has decreased significantly after the introduction of the new price system what do you think?? i hope the staff tell us if that true or false

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
57 of 2,351

Yes, people don't want to post jobs anymore because freelancers are charged 15 cents for a connect. That makes total sense.

Hint: it's a holiday in the US today.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
58 of 2,351

Jennifer M wrote:

Yes, people don't want to post jobs anymore because freelancers are charged 15 cents for a connect. That makes total sense.

Hint: it's a holiday in the US today.

and in the UK

Aleksey V Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
59 of 2,351

Very sorry. Previously, I had enough free connections for a month to find 2-3 orders to earn a penny. Now I spent all the connections (60) in a couple of minutes. Not only do I pay high interest and VAT so now I still have to buy connections. I still would understand if one application for work equaled one connection. I do not need to answer that it is done for good. For me this is not the case. Your behavior reminds me of the behavior of monopolists.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
60 of 2,351

Hi, Toufik.

Upwork has said two-thirds of its annual revenue came from US clients last year. With this being a 3-day holiday in the US, there is bound to be fewer new job posted on Upwork from those clients today and over the past two days.. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS