cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connects and Memberships Live

Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
41 of 207

One more thing -- If this job has a budget of $5 and you need 2 connects to apply, what job is worth 1? The one with a budget of $1? Who will want to apply for this job and lose $2 to maybe earn $5?

Most. Aziza B Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
42 of 207

Yes, I noticed tha same thing. This $5 job requires 2 connnects! Then which job is worth of connect 1?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
43 of 207

Are you serious? 2 connects for a $5 job?????   

I haven't seen the change yet, so I'm still in the dark on how this is going to work.

bh

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
44 of 207

@Dejan H wrote:

One more thing -- If this job has a budget of $5 and you need 2 connects to apply, what job is worth 1? The one with a budget of $1? Who will want to apply for this job and lose $2 to maybe earn $5?

Dejan,

You have one choice--don't upgrade to plus membership. That's my choice. The same goes for your question about having to provide a payment method--you don't have to do that if you don't upgrade your membership.

I wasn't going to upgrade anyway, but now that I understand that Connects aren't refunded unless the client or oDesk cancels a job, I have even more reason not to upgrade. As Vladimir and other oDesk reps keep repeating, oDesk 'will continue to offer a Basic (free) plan', so take that advice. If all freelancers took that advice, perhaps oDesk will drop the Connects plan.

45 of 207

Hi Dejan and Bob,

Applications will require anywhere from 1 to 5 Connects, depending on factors such as the size and type of job. Initially though, most jobs will require 2 Connects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Bijit S Member Since: Dec 29, 2014
46 of 207

Can you show me a job which requires 1 connect? What I see is each and every job regardless the budget and duration requires 2 connects to apply.

Its just disgusting...... 

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
47 of 207

Hi Bijit,

At the outset, most jobs are going to require 2 Connects. In the future, this could change as applications may require anywhere from 1-5 Connects.

Raman G Member Since: Aug 22, 2012
48 of 207

yes,

Every job require two connect

raman

Ace Contributor
Mohit A Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
49 of 207

This one seems really bad to me.

The only reason I work on oDesk and not on other system,is because it is not confusing and doesn't try to make money off of people like me, the freelancers.

The job fee of 10% is different, but costing money to apply for a job, that is just really bad.

I might have to find alternate freelance websites.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
50 of 207

Hi Mohit,

We will continue to offer a Basic (free) plan that requires no cost for submitting applications. Please read more in this Help article.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS