cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects and Memberships Live

Neven S Member Since: Apr 3, 2015
11 of 207

if you are member on Elance  , you will see  if client cancel job , you will have back your conects, why  Odesk dont make  that too

Hizaoui M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 207

Hi,

Yeah I think it's a great idea, that way, people are more motivated to be top rated.

Muhammad M Z Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
13 of 207

Dear Garnor,

I am totally agree with the conects plan of oDesk but I have from some days I have a question in my mind. Who will ensure that clients will definietely hire someone in each job post. If they will not do so then our connects would be wasted.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
14 of 207

Hi Mujahid,

As was the case previously, we do not make it required for clients to hire when posting jobs here. We definitely want to incentivize and make it more likely they will hire, but it is not a requirement. 

Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
15 of 207

I don't see new system live yet? 

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
16 of 207

Hi bharti,

It's going to take some time. Some users have already started seeing the membership plans and you can expect to also see this in the next 12hrs or so.

Raman G Member Since: Aug 22, 2012
17 of 207

Hello,

I have tried upgrade my plan basic to premium but I have international debit visa card its not work on odesk and I tried to add paypal its show same error .can you please help me what type of payment method accepted by odesk in india

Raman

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 207

Dear Garnor,

you said

"Hi Mujahid,

As was the case previously, we do not make it required for clients to hire when posting jobs here. We definitely want to incentivize and make it more likely they will hire, but it is not a requirement."

So we lose money as freelancers applying for jobs! The client is favoured (golden!)  Freelancer lose their $$$$$$$$!  oDesk needs to remember we are your clients too!!!!

This is a very one sided system don't you think?  It's very unfair of you oDesk!!!!!!!

I am sorry but I feel very strongly about this one! lets tell it how it is........

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 207
Nobody benefits from a system wherein clients are REQUIRED to hire somebody just because they posted a job.
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
20 of 207

"Nobody benefits from a system wherein clients are REQUIRED to hire somebody just because they posted a job."

True!  but the freelancer does not benefit he just loses $$$$$$$! This is a one sided unfair system!!!!! oDesk you need to refund all connects when client fails to hire.

Why because the job was a non starter! oDesk you know the right thing to do is to return the connects.....