Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects and Memberships Live

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
31 of 207

Hi Garnor,

I understand your point!

How about this? Free connects given by oDesk are not returned to freelancers! But Paid connects are returned to freelancers if the client does not hire. That's fair don't you think?

Sandeep P Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
32 of 207

Hi Garnor,

I somewhere think that this connect system will make oDesk better. But you won't deny that there are lot ofjob posts which shows no activity and no hiring. Also you won't deny their are likely lot of jobs for which a single freelancer can eligible for. Which let freelancers waste their connects.

One more thing is about Job success.

Please answer:

One of my new client offer me a $20 job to reivew code and it was done successfully. He appreciated my advises. But now he is gone without notifying.

I ended the contract myself and now job success lower down to 50%. Its really bad for me.

He is not at all reachable.

What to do?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 207

Hi Sandeep and Lalit,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and suggestions about connects and membership plans. We expect to add more benefits to paid plans for both independent freelancers and agencies as well as do more to improve the quality of job postings and client performance.

Sandeep, to answer your question about the Job Success score. Your ending one job would not bring it down considerably. Job Success score reflects your overall performance on the platform and includes both your recent activity and activity over a longer period of time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Ayan B Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
34 of 207

I am 100% agree with you.

Sukhjit S Member Since: Feb 12, 2012
35 of 207

I have got the message about new system by o desk will make the advantage to o desk income and top rated freelancer but others will effected badly for those who hardly earn to pay internet and electricity bill because it is very hard to get job on o desk at good hourly rate to make economical strong in first year of working on o desk. More working hours on o desk profile will make the chance bright to get job there. New system will force the most the freelancer find other alternate or leave the o desk or  take two or three year to take 500 working hour on o desk profile.I am not agreed with this system to make payment for more apply to the jobs.

Neven S Member Since: Apr 3, 2015
36 of 207

Hi

personaly i think the odesk is not same odesk what it use to be , i understand a lot of problems  with fake freelancers  and fake account which working just to cach jobs , but 2 conects for $5 jobs is realy not good

Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
37 of 207

Why must I add a credit card to purchase a membership? I don't want to do that. I always have some pending money, so you can just take $10 from it. I don't want to add any payment method, and I feel I have the right not to do it. If I recall correctly, you said that if we have money on our oDesk account, you'll just take it $10 from it. What happened?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
38 of 207

Hi Dejan,

When you choose to upgrade your membership you will be asked to add a Billing Method. If you have enough funds on your oDesk balance to cover the membership fee, we'll charge it to your oDesk balance. However, if you don't have enough funds to cover the membership fee, the entire amount will be taken out of your billing method. It works in the same way with purchasing Connects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
39 of 207

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Dejan,

When you choose to upgrade your membership you will be asked to add a Billing Method. If you have enough funds on your oDesk balance to cover the membership fee, we'll charge it to your oDesk balance. However, if you don't have enough funds to cover the membership fee, the entire amount will be taken out of your billing method. It works in the same way with purchasing Connects.

Hi Valeria

But why we don't have a choice not to add a payment method? Maybe we don't want to be billed from our credit cards, and we only want to pay from our oDesk accounts. If we don't have the money, then we don't want to pay. Did oDesk consider this? I had to add my Skrill account to be able to pay from my oDesk account, but I don't want that. I will ALWAYS have enough money on my account, and therefore, I don't need my credit card.

Thanks 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
40 of 207

Hi Dejan,

We do need a billing method in case a freelancer doesn't have enough money in his oDesk balance. If you want to avoid charging your card, just make sure you have sufficient funds in your oDesk balance. If you don't want to continue with a paid Membership plan, you can downgrade to the Basic plan.