Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects and Memberships Live

Volodymyr B Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
91 of 207

I'm totally upset with that connects.

-1 to oDesk karma.

You asking freelancers to pass tests, fight agains each other, place lower bids. Why?

I shall pay taxes 10% to you, 10% to goverment and now additional 10$ to place bids?

What about customers? Why you dont filter them?

90% of projects are **Edited for Community Guidelines** like this "Do this for me for 10$ please NOW urgent"

Why no make tests for customers and ask them to pay you 10$.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
92 of 207

Hi Vladimir,

The changes that we're introducing are designed to make it easier for you to win jobs. We expect everyone will be more selective about applying to fewer, better-fit jobs. This means you’ll have less competition when you apply, increasing your chances of standing out when you’re a great fit.

Please note that you can choose to stay with the Basic Membership plan that requires no cost for submitting applications. 

We'll also be launching initiatives to improve the quality of client behavior.

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
93 of 207

Vladimir Said

"We'll also be launching initiatives to improve the quality of client behavior."

This should have been done before the connects system was implemented to freelancers. This is what I asked from the very beginning . So why did oDesk bring connects in before sorting out all off the clients bad practices?  

Let's be open oDesk the Answer is more MONEY ! If oDesk really cared about the freelancer they would have sorted out clients bad practices first. Then bring in the connects system!

Also let's see the planned initiatives to improve client behaviour as I have not seen any initiatives at all on the client side?

Maybe odesk does not want to do much on the client side?  As there is no money in it for oDesk to sort out clients bad practices?

Not sorting out clients bad practices means it will waste more of the freelancers connects. Making oDesk more money as the freelancers would have to buy more connects!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
94 of 207

Thanks for the feedback Ian.

Actually, oDesk succeeds when you succeed in earning money and winning business. We want to do our best to continue to make that happen and that entails addressing bad performers.

Roman S Member Since: Mar 25, 2015
95 of 207

Any one from oDesk can explain why 1 single freelancer has 60 connects limit on free account and Agancy with more than 15 developers has same limite for all team memebers? It should be 60 for each team member, not for all!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
96 of 207

Hi Roman,

Since the Agency Basic plan is mean for single-person agencies it comes with 60 connects. If you want to continue support your agency freelancers and have more connects, you can update to Agency Plus plan, which will give you 80 Connects per month (shared among all team members), the ability to purchase additional Connects, and the ability to roll over up to 80 unused Connects to the next month.

Please, refer to this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cedris M Member Since: Nov 30, 2014
97 of 207

@Vladimir G

I do agree with the quality things and support from odesk, as I have experienced it as well. But what is unacceptable is that when you implemented this, it was not clear that agencies need to purchase a premium before their new contractors can have contracts. It doesn't make sense for agencies with existing contracts, and will have an increased manpower requirement from the client. Example is what if my client gave us a project that has a tight deadline and will require to hire a new person for the role, just to ensure we finish it  on time? I am actually confused on the data posted on the FAQ section for agencies. So does this mean that for my contractors to acquire a new contract under my agency, I need to purchase a premium, correct? Separately, are there any ways of obtaining a contract for a contractor that works exclusively for a agency?

Also, does this service mean that we, contractors and agency owners, will never receive a unreasonable bid like "that is just a copy paste job, i'll pay $.50". Although I am aware of the current minimum, this still happens and honestly these kinds of clients are a big waste of time, since they should know that they cannot hire someone on oDesk lower than the minimum.

And also will oDesk be screening clients as well? I just noticed that most of the recent updates on oDesk are client based, will there be updates to screen clients as well?

Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
98 of 207

The Agency Plus plan is designed to help our largest and most professional agencies stand apart from other freelancers and single-person agencies. 

Q: Example is what if my client gave us a project that has a tight deadline and will require to hire a new person for the role, just to ensure we finish it  on time?

A: The Agency Plus plan offers the ability to support unlimited team members, so if you have a project with a deadline, and need to hire more people you have that option. 

Q: I am actually confused on the data posted on the FAQ section for agencies. So does this mean that for my contractors to acquire a new contract under my agency, I need to purchase a premium, correct? 

A: Under the new system any agency member can apply to jobs using the pool of Connects allotted to the agency. Agency Plus members get 80 Connects per month, and the ability to purchase additional Connects (for $1 per Connect), and the ability to roll over up to 80 unused Connects to the next month.

Q: Separately, are there any ways of obtaining a contract for a contractor that works exclusively for a agency?

A: I don’t understand this question. Can you please give me a little background. Or an example. 

Q: Does this service mean that we, contractors and agency owners, will never receive a unreasonable bid like "that is just a copy paste job, i'll pay $.50”. And also will oDesk be screening clients as well?

A: oDesk is working on evaluating client’s job posts. So be on the look out!

Untitled
Neelam B Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
99 of 207

Hi Garnor,

Thank You

Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
100 of 207

Hi,

I just saw that the connects system become active, 60 connects per month is too low, please increase the limit to 100 connect that will be the best option and to apply to jobs below $1000 there should be a rule of using 1 connect only right now we need to use 2 connects to bid on every job with 60 connects practically i'm going to bid on 30 jobs / month, this is tragic :-(

Please oDesk you are the best place to work for thousands of freelancers, increase the connect limits to 100 or 80 connects / month and please make 1 job = 1 connect rule.

I'm really sad with new rules...

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS