Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects and Memberships Live

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
191 of 207

I thought I won't be needing this, but, I decided to buy it this month. After I lost all connects for January and paid $12,5 for membership I got not 10 additional connects, but exactly 66. Is this some bug? Will this number deduct from my February connects? I'm confused.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
192 of 207

Hi Vesna,

When you upgrade to Plus Membership in addition to 10 connects, Upwork gives you credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled. It looks like you were 28 days into your billing cycle when you upgraded. So this is how your connects were calculated:

Connects balance at upgrade

Difference between Basic & Plus

+ 10

Days into billing cycle

Prorated Connects (days x 2)

+ 56

Total after upgrade

= 66

Please, see this article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
193 of 207

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Vesna,

When you upgrade to Plus Membership in addition to 10 connects, Upwork gives you credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled. It looks like you were 28 days into your billing cycle when you upgraded. So this is how your connects were calculated:

Why did I pay full price for membership, and not instead $56 + VAT?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
194 of 207

Hi Vesna,

The Freelancer Plus plan is $10 regardless of when during the billing cycle you upgraded and how many connects you got. So you wouldn't be charged $56. Only if you buy extra connects, they are $1  per connect.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
195 of 207

Omg, I just now realized what stupid question I asked. So embarassing.

Thank you Valeria for answering this, although it's extremely dumb question.

196 of 207

I just received some email about how you are going to give me 30 connects because I moved from Elance. I don't see any connects yet.

John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
197 of 207

I had the same email and I've got mine. I expect it just takes some time to churn through the database.

Highlighted
Community Guru
198 of 207

Why do you sell connects in odd numbers when there are no jobs requiring 1 connect? 

199 of 207

Do you have an option for stopping emails sent after I purchase connects? I can't find it anywhere, only general options in email settings. This is really an annoying message, especiall the part "money well spent", since I bought connects for third time this month (yeah, despair) and success was poor. It looks like mockery to me more than anything else, since it's obvious people don't buy connects if they have enough work to do and it's easy for them to get a job.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
200 of 207

Hi Vesna,

We don't have a separate notification option for purchasing Connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS