Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects and Memberships Live

Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
51 of 207

Being devil's advocate for a moment:

$5 jobs aren't good jobs, are they, really? There's a lot of outrageous cheapskating on oDesk. I saw a job the other day that for what the guy was asking for would have worked out at about 35 cents an hour, and that would have been doing a rush job but somehow nailing it first pass and not having to revise anything. 

Inevitably, the connects system will mean fewer people will apply for really low paid jobs. This has the potential (though admittedly not the certainty) to drive clients away from offering such frankly derisory rates of pay.

I'm not knocking anyone who needs $5 and is willing to do what needs doing to get it. But I would like to see something to drive up the bottom end of the pay scale. Those people doing the $5 jobs deserve more than $5, I reckon.

Ryan D Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
52 of 207

I hope this new system is the result of oDesk losing money or having insufficient income to drive future growth. 

My work volume is absolutely going to be negatively impacted by the new changes.

Ace Contributor
Muhammad R Member Since: Dec 27, 2014
53 of 207

I am trying to Add my VISA card to upgrade my Plan. But it is rejecting again and again. 

We are from Pakistan. In Pakistan PAYPAL is not available. So how we can pay for it.?

You must add Skrill as payment method please..

Or just charge from the Availbale balence please..

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
54 of 207

Hi Muhammad,

Please contact our Support Team and they will assist you further.

Raman G Member Since: Aug 22, 2012
55 of 207

Hello,

Same issue with with me when tried to add international visa card when tried to contact support they said their is not issue from our side and paypal show the same issue

Raman

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
56 of 207

Hi Raman,

Sorry about the issues with upgrading your Membership plan. It looks like your card was added as a Billing Method successfully by the system. There shouldn't be any issues with charging it on our end. Could you please contact your bank and check whether there are any issues on their end?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Bijit S Member Since: Dec 29, 2014
57 of 207

Many people talks like oDesk is becoming Elance gradually. Because oDesk is offering Paid Membership plans as Elance. 

But in my view, oDesk has already become worse than Elance. Because.....

1. In Elance, if the budget is under $500 or it is an hourly job, it requires 1 connect to apply. But in here, it requires 2 connects constantly to apply to any job. That means we have the chance to apply to 40 jobs/month in Elance. But alas! oDesk is limiting us to apply 30 jobs/month or less. (I am talking about the free membership of course)
  2. Elance allows us to withdraw for free once per month. But oDesk doesn't.
  3. If I want to purchase Paid Membership, Elance allows users to make the Elance Account as the primary Billing Method. But in here, you must Enter a Credit Card to buy the Paid Membership plan. (I have more than $100 balance in my oDesk account and still it tells me to add a Credit Card. Is $100 not enough to pay for Membership?)
  4. Elance allows users to edit the Job Applications. But oDesk doesn't.

I may not be an active member in this community. But I come here frequently to see how my collegues are being successful or being disappointed.

Ace Contributor
Vladislav M Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
58 of 207

May I know why i have only one option for payment method to pay for membership - credit card?

I DON'T WANT to expose my credit cards ANYWHERE @ INTERNET, using them only at normal POS. 

If you can't use oDesk acc as primary payment method, why the hell i can't add Paypal, for example?

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
59 of 207

Vladislav I think you can - at least I was able to about an hour ago

Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
60 of 207

Is no one else cautiously optimistic about the new connects system?

I'm not so sure it's any different from the system we had before, except we have less job applications.

I intend to wait until closer to the end of the month and then all the jobs are belong to me?

No one else is thinking this way?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS