Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you notice our new look?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 6

Hello Upwork Community!

You may have noticed our new look!

We listened closely to feedback that our users are just as passionate about the look and feel of Upwork as we are. We heard the need to refine our design language and went to work on some updates. This week we’re excited to start sharing these changes across our platform.

Most importantly, we learned that small changes made a big impact, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking forward to continuing to improve the quality of our experience for you.

Interested in learning more about the exciting design language updates that are coming? Feel free to check out this overview video or visit this page for more details.

-Upwork Design team

Untitled
Ingela E Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
2 of 6

I can only speak for myself. The new design is much easier on the eyes than the previous one. I don't know what it is that makes such a big difference. But I did notice it right away. To those responsible, I say good job!

Fajar W Member Since: Feb 24, 2020
3 of 6

Great!.. Look very impressive from the video overview, but still not seeing it updated on my end.. Hopefully soon.. Well done guys!! ✨👏👏👏👏👍

One more thing for next update, since we spent day and night at this platform, would be so easy to have the option on switching to "Dark Mode", either on the Website or the App.. 😉!

Natalja Z Member Since: Dec 2, 2020
4 of 6

It is better, but i would like that everything would be that color

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Lena. This comment isn't about the new look. It's about a problem that has persisted for years despite all the other improvements. It's bothered me for a long time, but I haven't mentioned it before as it's minor,  but it creates a slightly unprofessional appearance, so I'm sure you'd like to correct it. 

Ever since I've been using Upwork the final section of our profiles has been titled "Other Experiences". This is not correct English. It should be "Other Experience" (singular). The word "experience" has two very different meanings depending on whether it's used in a countable or non-countable sense. My experiences (plural) are things that have happened to me. That's not the correct sense in the context of the profile. 

Incidentally, this Upwork help page refers to the section as "Other Experience":

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063188-Create-a-100-Complete-Freelancer-Profile

Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
6 of 6

Lol you know, that's true. But what's more important is to make sure you communicate what you intend to communicate, rather than being grammatically correct. In fact, using correct grammar can prevent communication, rather than ensure it takes place.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS