Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts new beta offering.

Nikolina M Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
91 of 96

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your reply!

I understand you can't roll out 100 features all at once on a platform of this scale, but if the direct contracts prove to be useful in the long run, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be a part of freelancer's profile & stats.

As for making things easier for the clients, I've found that video won over the list of written instructions each time. Even when a registered client wanted to hire me they found some things confusing, let alone in the situation I described in my op.  Like I told Vladimir, some things that seem obvious and easy to him or me look different from a busy client's perspective. So, I'm hopeful I'll see something of the sort soon.

Shweta M Member Since: May 9, 2020
92 of 96

will a direct contract with a non-upwork client show in my completed projects and other profile credentials?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
93 of 96

Hi Shweta,

Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top-Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Peter K Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
94 of 96

Hello, 

I would love to use it. I actually thought it works for everyone. I was creating a direct contract for one of my clients and realized it's not available in my country Kenya. I would be happy to be given the opportunity to use it. 

Thanks,

Peter

Rana A Member Since: Oct 22, 2019
95 of 96

Hi. I tried to send direct contract to my non-upwork client but I used his 3 different emails but eveytime I face this message below his email 'This email address is already associated with an Upwork account '

but he is not a upwork user. can anybody please guide me what to do. thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
96 of 96

Hi Rana,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled