Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts new beta offering.

Highlighted
Employee
Jason A Employee Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
21 of 92

Hi Reinier,

I just wanted to follow up on your question re: Paypal -- we have now rolled it out to all Direct Contracts users, so your clients will have the option of using their credit card or Paypal account for funding contracts.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Jason

Highlighted
Lalit K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
22 of 92

Hi,

I just tested it. Looks good. One suggestion / feature , I would love to see.

When As a freelancer you ask for money, the client gets an email.

They fill up the name and add money.

At this stage money gets added in Escrow.  It can be great, if you add a option that, client agree to pay and money is relased as well.

So 2 options : 1. Put in escrow.   2. Add in Escrow & Release Funds Now.

That will help us to avoid multi email communications.

thank you.

Lalit

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
23 of 92

Hi Lalit,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. I already shared your feedback with our product team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
24 of 92

Wow I was really excited about this until I saw responses from other freelancers. Great idea, poor execution. Kind of like the un-edited posts I make sometimes, haha. 

Highlighted
Employee
25 of 92
Hi Alexander,

I’m saddened to hear that this was your first impression of our beta product. I do want you to know that the entire Direct Contracts team (including myself) is committed to learning as quickly as we can from this test launch and re-adjusting when necessary to ensure that this is a product that both you and your client can use with confidence and ease. Please feel free to send me any specific feedback - I’d love to hear them! Thank you for giving our new idea a try!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
26 of 92
Hi!
I'd like to be added to the waitlist.
Highlighted
Employee
27 of 92

Thanks for your interest, Abinadab - I've added you to our rollout list for the next group!

Highlighted
David S Member Since: May 11, 2018
28 of 92

Hi Jason, 

As a freelancer I'm loving this concept - it's a sign that Upwork cares for freelancers as it will allow us to drag clients to this platform from wherever we can find them. Can I please be added to the next rollout group? Thank you. 

Highlighted
Employee
29 of 92

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback and interest in the product!  I'll add you to our waitlist for the next rollout as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
30 of 92

Hey!
Can I also be added to the next test group for this, pretty please?