cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The payment method you submitted could not be authorized. Please try using another or contact CS

jdomizi
Jennifer D Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
271 of 359

Hi, I'm trying to use the Direct contract with a client but she gets a 6% processing fee. I don't know why is that happening. Her method payment is Paypal. Can you please help?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
272 of 359

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your question. We will be asking clients who start new Direct Contracts to begin paying a small processing fee on the payments they make to their freelancer(s). We are currently building this option into our site, and testing it out with select Direct Contracts to start. In the future, a payment processing fee for clients will be added to all new Direct Contracts. When that occurs, we will be sure to update all communications, Help articles, etc., to share the fee amount that we decide upon.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shahzadwaheed0
Ace Contributor
shahzad w Member Since: Mar 9, 2021
273 of 359

So, I met a client outside of the upwork, and we agreed to a 6 month contract. I have read that Upwork doesn't charge commission on the direct contracts but I just discovered that the client already had an upwork account. Now here comes the question: 

Will Upwork still charge if we start a direct contract? Because we didn't meet on upwork. If answer to this question is yes then what will happen if client starts a direct contract from some other account?  I hope it's not illegal and against upwork's TOs!

I need expert's advice on it. Or if anybody could suggest me a better way to solve this problem for my client. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

bstojadinovic
274 of 359

Hi Shahzad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this request and advise you accordingly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lanamagnifico
Svetlana S Member Since: May 5, 2021
275 of 359

Hello

Please, let me know why Upwork may ask additional 6% fee to fund the proposal?

The client's opened the link from an email hasn't chosen any type of payment and saw an extra fee.

fund.png

bstojadinovic
276 of 359

Thanks for your question, Svetlana.

We will be asking clients who start new Direct Contracts to begin paying a small processing fee on the payments they make to their freelancer(s). We are currently building this option into our site, and testing it out with select Direct Contracts to start. In the future, a payment processing fee for clients will be added to all new Direct Contracts. When that occurs, we will be sure to update all communications, Help articles, etc., to share the fee amount that we decide upon.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lanamagnifico
Svetlana S Member Since: May 5, 2021
277 of 359

Will the next direct contract with the same client be considered as a new one?

What is your definition of a new contract?

bstojadinovic
278 of 359

That's correct, Svetlana.

Any new Direct Contract even if it's with the same client. I would also like to reiterate that this is something we're testing currently and can't share further details.

~ Bojan
Upwork
machin86
Machinmi R Member Since: Aug 31, 2020
279 of 359

Hello Team,

I'm not sure why all the payment request for direct contract is showing "the payment method you submitted could not be authorized. Please try using another or contact customer support" by the client.

Kindly look into my problem.

bstojadinovic
280 of 359

Hi MacHin,

Is this issue that your client is experiencing? Could you please share the ID of the contract you're referring to so that we can assist you accordingly?

Than you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS