Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Direct Contract Issue

machin86
Machinmi R Member Since: Aug 31, 2020
351 of 391

Hello,

I might be also be the one who raise concern since 2020 Sep but they informed me that one of your team will reach out but as according to my client they just received email how to make payment but not solving the issue which client face, for instance like most of the client aware how to make payment but the error is from upwork... they can pay through Paypal, Pioneer etc... but those payment method doesn't have services that can withdraw after completing the job so we refer the cleint to Upwork but sadly it was unsuccessful ....

machin86
Machinmi R Member Since: Aug 31, 2020
352 of 391

Hi,

Last year on the month of Sep. 2020 it was working since then till now I have requested more than 7-8 direct contract it's not working, they tried with paypal, credit/debit card but not working they said that there is an option to pay through net banking however they haven't tried that.. so most of them they pay me through paypal... but the direct contract is secure for both entity that they funded the money and release after completing the project...

Need to escelate this case to the higher authority...

Thank! 

vonome
Rashedul I Member Since: Jun 12, 2021
353 of 391

Hi,

I have a client. And they have also an Upwork account, How can I add him as direct contact?
Note: I had introduced him from another platform.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
354 of 391

Hi Rashedul,

Please know that Direct Contracts cannot be used with clients who already have an account on Upwork. You can share your profile link with them so they can hire you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
be3aa5c0
Jorge P Member Since: Feb 9, 2020
355 of 391

Hi, I'm trying to fund a direct contract for one of our freelancers, after introducing the code and accepting the contract (Yes, I understand and agree to the Upwork Terms of Service, including the Direct Contracts Terms and Privacy Policy) and making click in the continue button, a spinning circle appears and nothing happens after that.

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
356 of 391

Hi Jorge,

It sounds like you're asking about the Direct Contract feature. In general, I'd like to clarify that this feature is designed for talent to manage contracts in the Upwork platform with their clients who don’t have an Upwork account. It's not meant for managing contracts between talent and clients who both have full accounts on Upwork. We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly with more information and assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
marketingadvent
Sanjeev S Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
357 of 391

Hello All,

I have contacted the client to work from the direct contract. Upwork mentioned that no fee will implement on client's end however when the client go for payment then Upwork added 3% of the total amount. Can you clear things if something happens to you?

Also after deducting the amount from client's end, they did not show the money in escrow.

This is ridiculous!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
358 of 391

Hi Sanjeev,

We will be asking clients who start new Direct Contracts to begin paying a small processing fee on the payments they make to their freelancer(s). We are currently building this option into our site, and testing it out with select Direct Contracts to start. In the future, a payment processing fee for clients will be added to all new Direct Contracts. When that occurs, we will be sure to update all communications, Help articles, etc., to share the fee amount that we decide upon. In the meantime, we welcome your feedback about all things Direct Contracts, so please feel free to share it!

Regarding the funds, your contract is still pending to be accepted and you can view this from your Direct contracts home page. Once it's accepted, the funds will be transferred in Escrow as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
marketingadvent
Sanjeev S Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
359 of 391

This means you are adding 3% on the client-side as a processing fee. right?

If the client made the escrow then it should be automatically accepted as Upwork do not accept the contract without escrow.

Please confirm as our client is getting frustrated to use this. We tried to move them on Upwork but lot of issues occur after that.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
360 of 391

Hi Sanjeev,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your direct contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS