marketingadvent
Sanjeev S Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
361 of 393

please do as we are waiting since morning 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
362 of 393

Hi Sanjeev, 

A member of the team has reached out to you already. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bm_hamza
Hamza J Member Since: Jun 19, 2021
363 of 393

Hi Folks,

I hope you all are doing great.

I created my profile a few days ago but still no order, I know it takes time so I planned to get my outside Upwork clients there using the Direct Contract option.

My Question is Can a client who comes by direct contract have the ability to give me a review?

I have clients outside of Upwork so I want them to hire me by this contract so that my Upwork profile gets some rating as well.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
364 of 393

Hamza J wrote:

Can a client who comes by direct contract have the ability to give me a review?

No

Hamza J wrote:

I have clients outside of Upwork so I want them to hire me by this contract so that my Upwork profile gets some rating as well.

Then you need to use regular contracts.

doncarlosone
Charles A Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
365 of 393

Can someone please help me out here.  I'm looking at a new client in South Africa and would like to set up a Direct Contract with them via Upwork (much easier as it keeps all of my earningsin a single place).  Before suggesting this to my client, I want to know if they actually can.  The documentation does not specify if South Africa is an available country, and my client would only find this out by responding to the invitiation and attempting to accept the contract.  I do not want them to see that it's not available in South Africa after I've suggested this to them.

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
366 of 393

Charles A wrote:

Can someone please help me out here.  I'm looking at a new client in South Africa and would like to set up a Direct Contract with them via Upwork (much easier as it keeps all of my earningsin a single place).  Before suggesting this to my client, I want to know if they actually can.  The documentation does not specify if South Africa is an available country, and my client would only find this out by responding to the invitiation and attempting to accept the contract.  I do not want them to see that it's not available in South Africa after I've suggested this to them.

If they have a credit card that works worldwide/paypal it should work.

image.png

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
367 of 393

Hi Charles,

Direct Contracts are only available to freelancers and their clients in certain countries. If you attempt to sign up and you or your client are not eligible due to the country you live in, you'll see this message: "We're sorry to inform you that Direct Contracts are currently not available in your country.".

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nova1211
Taimoor S Member Since: Aug 4, 2021
368 of 393

Hello there,

I have sent the contract to my client to accept it and he accepted the contract last friday. Today it's 5th day and yet my contract hasn't funded in 5 days.  I have contacted some agents in customer supp but they only refer to direct contract dept and nothing else. 

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
369 of 393

Hi Taimoor,

Please allow more time for the team to review your case and follow up on your support ticket. Once they do that, you'll be notified about it!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nova1211
Taimoor S Member Since: Aug 4, 2021
370 of 393

I'm contacting customer support because the process time 3/5 business days are already over. that's why i'm contacting CS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS