andreag22
Community Leader
Andrea G Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
11 of 368

This is answered in the FAQs.

heidi23
Heidi A Member Since: Jan 4, 2021
12 of 368

Hello,I've found invite clients button with a copy invite link  in the direct contracts section
Is it ok to copy and paste this link in social media groups to get more jobs opportunity or not?
Thanks.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
13 of 368

Hi Heidi,

Please avoid sending the contract details page URL to the client or posting it publicly. Currently, Direct Contracts are meant to be used with a specific client who's not registered on Upwork. Your client will need a specially generated link to be able to access the contract information and we send them that link to your contract via email. We appreciate your interest in a feature that would allow you to share a link publicly and will share it with the team.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 368

Hi Humayun,

Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kalaani
Community Leader
Kalaani W Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
15 of 368

Hi,

Is there anyway we can this with our websites ?  

So that client can create a milestones or job from there side .

You can have new patent for this . Send me the my share . Smiley Wink  lol 

aguilosjason
Jason A Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
16 of 368

Hi Kalaani,

Thanks for your suggestion!  We are in the process of creating a flow that will allow you to share a link with your clients (on a website or via email) that will give them the option to submit work proposal to you - so keep an eye out for that!  We have quite a list of features coming up for Direct Contracts that we hope will help in making your ability to work off-platform easier and safer - coming soon!

kapalat
Kapala T Member Since: Nov 13, 2020
17 of 368

Hi,

when will I be paied for Hourly Direct Contract. Iam working on a weekly basis and wanted to check few things like.

1) How will My cliend release the funds?

2) After how many days will I be getting paid?

3) Is there a way to check If my client have approved my hours and relesed the funds?

Thanks,

Tej

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
18 of 368

Hi Kapala,

Thanks for your questions!  We will charge your client for the previous week each Monday. Once your hours have been submitted for invoice, payment will be reflected in your Upwork balance the following Friday. We automatically charge your client and process your payment each week. Your client has the option to review hours before your payment is released and can file a dispute if an issue arises.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ari-bloss
Ari B Member Since: Apr 14, 2019
19 of 368

This seems to be just incentivizing all of my clients to leave upwork and DC with everyone because it's cheaper for both of us overall.

chitran8983
Ace Contributor
Chi T Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
20 of 368
Hi Upwork team,

Milestone has no due date so how can client know to meet deadline? And will we get the request payment instead of get paid?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS