cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

e97a4133
Novreza R Member Since: Apr 18, 2021
261 of 363

My client can't accept the direct contract that I sent, what should I do? I really want to use Upwork for my project..

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
262 of 363

Hi Novreza,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e97a4133
Novreza R Member Since: Apr 18, 2021
263 of 363

Still errorimage (17).png

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
264 of 363

Hi Novreza,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support tickets very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ahmadwaly
Ahmad W Member Since: Apr 28, 2021
265 of 363

I have a client , i got him outside of upwork .. i wanted to create a direct contract with him to get paid , i found out that he is an existing upwork client.

so should he create a job and hire me instantly by invitation and pay me ? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
266 of 363

Ahmad W wrote:

should he create a job and hire me instantly by invitation and pay me ? 

He can just go to your profile and click on "Hire".

A Direct Contract won't be possible, so the usual fees apply.

ssilviuss
Silviu S Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
267 of 363

Hello,

I recently see that Upwork takes a 3% fee for me as a client.

I want to ask other clients here if they have encountered this situation, as Upwork marketizes itself without fee for direct contracts clients.

Thanks!fee.png

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
268 of 363

Hi Silviu,

We will be asking clients who start new Direct Contracts to begin paying a small processing fee on the payments they make to their freelancer(s). We are currently building this option into our site, and testing it out with select Direct Contracts to start. In the future, a payment processing fee for clients will be added to all new Direct Contracts. When that occurs, we will be sure to update all communications, Help articles, etc., to share the fee amount that we decide upon. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ssilviuss
Silviu S Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
269 of 363

It was about an existing contract with milestones. With this new fee, without any announcement, only for escrow Upwork will become my 3rd option. 

af1ae564
Gina L Member Since: May 4, 2021
270 of 363

I am new to Upwork looking to use the Direct Contract feature. Is $5,000 the largest amount that I can put in there for a direct contract? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS