cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

justin-hammond
Justin H Member Since: Apr 16, 2021
261 of 390

I want to use Direct Contracts with a friend to manage work between us, but he already has an Upwork account from before. Direct Contracts says that you can only invite "non Upwork" clients, which I assume means someone who's email isn't registered with Upwork - but since I still brought in this client myself we'd still like to do the project at the lower 3.4% fee. Is the only way they can accept the Direct Contract invite would be to accept it with an email that's not already registered with Upwork?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
262 of 390

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the message. Please note that Direct Contracts can only be used with clients who do not have an Upwork account. I moved your post to the main thread discussing Direct Contracts feature. You can find more information about Direct Contracts in this Help article.

Can you please confirm if the client recently created their account and whether you used our “Bring Your Own Client” option to invite them to join Upwork?

Untitled
e9d979a9
Muhammad Usman I Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
263 of 390

Hey Upwork Community members,

I want to get the payment from my direct client. He is also from my city. I didn't trust on him so that's why I asked him to pay through the upwork direct contract. He agreed but when he tried to put the payment in the escrow he faces some issues. I have attached the screenshot please have a look. He facing the technical issues during adding the payment method. Please respond me ASAP!

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
264 of 390

Hi Muhammad, 

I'm sorry for the delay. I can't seem to identify the contract you are referring to. Do you have more information you can share so that our team can investigate it further?

Please disregard my message earlier. We were able to locate the contract you are referring to, and the Customer Support Team will reach out to your client directly to assist them with their billing method concern.

Let us know if our team can assist you further with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e97a4133
Novreza R Member Since: Apr 18, 2021
265 of 390

My client can't accept the direct contract that I sent, what should I do? I really want to use Upwork for my project..

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
266 of 390

Hi Novreza,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e97a4133
Novreza R Member Since: Apr 18, 2021
267 of 390

Still errorimage (17).png

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
268 of 390

Hi Novreza,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support tickets very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ahmadwaly
Ahmad W Member Since: Apr 28, 2021
269 of 390

I have a client , i got him outside of upwork .. i wanted to create a direct contract with him to get paid , i found out that he is an existing upwork client.

so should he create a job and hire me instantly by invitation and pay me ? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
270 of 390

Ahmad W wrote:

should he create a job and hire me instantly by invitation and pay me ? 

He can just go to your profile and click on "Hire".

A Direct Contract won't be possible, so the usual fees apply.