cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

Highlighted
Hazem A Member Since: Jun 10, 2020
91 of 99

Hi my client can not fund money to me through direct contract it says ¨We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute¨ when he requests a code to be sent to his email

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
92 of 99

Hi Hazem,

I see that you've already submitted a support request about this issue. The team will check the error and update you as soon as possible via the same support request. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Shihab M Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
93 of 99

after sending the direct contacts payment to the client, he unable to pay. he is trying to pay me but service showing attaches result. need suggetion

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
94 of 99

Hi Shihab,

Thanks for reaching out. I see that you've also submitted a support request about this issue. I'l be following up about it with the team, we'll investigate and update you directly via that ticket. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Rachael A Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
95 of 99
Hello, So, I have tried out the Direct Contracts feature and it went fine the first time. However, initiating another contract, I'm receiving the notification that the feature is not available for my country (Nigeria). Which begs the question, does the country of the Client also matter? (Sudan/ Australia). Because It worked the first time when I initiated the contract with a Client from South Africa. Or was the feature rescinded for Nigeria?
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
96 of 99

Thanks for your question, Rachael.

Direct Contracts are only available to freelancers and their clients in certain countries. If you attempt to sign up and you or your client are not eligible due to the country you live in, you’ll see this message: We’re sorry to inform you that Direct Contracts are currently not available in your country." We hope to expand Direct Contracts to more countries in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kalloori R Member Since: Dec 8, 2014
97 of 99

Is direct contract will show in work history.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
98 of 99

Hi Kalloori,

Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, sharing feedback isn't an option with Direct Contracts at this time so it will not be included into the Work History. 

Thank you for this question. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kalloori R Member Since: Dec 8, 2014
99 of 99

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your repsonse. But it will be better to maintain all the direct contracts feedback in other section. It will be usefull for freelancer.

Thanks,

Ramesh

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS