Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
111 of 115

Yes, Timothy! 

We'll share this with the team for their consideration. Hopefully, it can be considered for future releases. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
MohammadHassan A Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
112 of 115

Hello

I wonder to ask is it allowed for a freelancer(Me) to have a direct contract with another freelancer & different email?
I have a contract outside the Upwork & I have a friend who is a freelancer in Upwork, So can I use direct contract this way?

All the best.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
113 of 115

Hi MohammadHassan,

Please note that Direct Contracts are only for clients who do not already have an Upwork client account. Having both is a violation of our Terms of Service. If you receive a request from a freelancer to create a Direct Contract and you already have an Upwork client account, which appears to be the case, you should decline it. Instead, please post the job from your existing account and invite the freelancer so you can hire them. Let me know if you were referring to a different setup.

Highlighted
Saqib M Member Since: Mar 6, 2020
114 of 115

Hello experts,

I just tried the new feature of upwork "Direct contract" and found it is amazing, fast, easy and less fees for the client as well as freelancers.
I have few questions though.

1. Is the earning from direct contract counts? will that earning add to our main profile?
2. Can a client give review and rating for direct contracts? will the review/ratings will be visible to our profile just like normal contract.?

I followed this link but couldn't find the required information.
https://www.upwork.com/legal#directcontracts

Regards,
Saqib

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
115 of 115

Hi Saqib,

1) Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top-Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

2) Sharing feedback is not an option with Direct Contracts.

For more information about Direct Contracts, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS