Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
341 of 406

Hi Davit,

There's no option to do that. In order to start an Hourly Direct Contract, the client is required to make a deposit into Escrow. This is simply a deposit that allows the contract to start, not the actual funds that go to you, the freelancer. The deposit will go back to the client once the job is complete and is closed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
31fe4060f9af9b6c
Luke M Member Since: Jun 9, 2021
342 of 406

Hi, I have been sent a contract from 2 freelancers on upwork, which i am happy to pay for, and as i am in the UK my bank is not listed to pay via bank transfer so i have tried to pay by card and Upwork refuses the transaction. 

I have confirmed with my bank that payment is being accepted by bank, but upwork wont allow the payment to go through. It is over $5,000 but does this matter? Please advise why my payments are not being accepted when all of my bank details are correct. 

djondinium
Community Manager
343 of 406

Hi Luke,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined from your bank's end. I suggest that you try with another card to see if that helps.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
31fe4060f9af9b6c
Luke M Member Since: Jun 9, 2021
344 of 406
Hi,

I have checked with my bank, and they said it definitely isnt them, They
tried to process the charge but it was declined by upwork.

I cant try with another card, as only have the one.

please advise what to do next?

Kind regards

Luke
aitzaz_nasir
Aitzaz N Member Since: Jun 11, 2021
345 of 406

I created the direct contract and sent it to my client. When my client tried to pay the money a technical issue occurs.

Error: "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

We tried every possible solution. We tried by changing browsers, by changing devices, and by clearing caches. But in the end, we only found error, error, and error.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
346 of 406

Hi Aitzaz,

Could you ask your client to try and clear their cache and cookies or use another browser? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aitzaz_nasir
347 of 406

Yes, He did. We checked in every browser like chrome, opera, and firefox. We also checked in different devices like mobile, laptop, and computer. 

djondinium
Community Manager
348 of 406

Hi Aitzaz,

We'll have one of our agents reach to your client directly to assist them further with the contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aitzaz_nasir
349 of 406

Hello Aleksandar D,

Thanks for your response. I want to ask something that how long will he take to reach my client. 

Best,

Aitzaz **Edited for Community Guidelines**

djondinium
Community Manager
350 of 406

Hi Aitzaz,

Our team already reached out to your client. If there's anything else you need help with, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork