Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
31 of 253

Hi Ödi,

Yes, that is correct. Your client will receive an invoice via email with all the relevant contract details, including the contract name, description, price, client's company name, and freelancer’s name. In case your client has questions or needs assistance with the invoices they receive, please advise them to contact us directly and we'll be happy to help! 

Congrats on starting a new working relationship, we'd love to hear your feedback about using the Direct Contract feature!

Untitled
kyrollos_samir
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
32 of 253

Do the direct contracts affect my profile success score the same way Upwork contracts do or have less effect? and can the client leave a feedback ? and if the client can, will it appear on my profile?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 253

Hi Kyrollos,

We've merged your post with the announcement thread we have about Direct Contracts and where we have more information about the feature.

To answer your questions, Direct Contracts will not impact your Job Success Score. These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ Valeria
Untitled
kyrollos_samir
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
34 of 253

thanks Smiley Happy

saibansal
Vishal B Member Since: Mar 13, 2019
35 of 253

Hey

could anyone guide me if someone hires me on Upwork with direct contracts, after completion of the project it will be shown to my profile or no. and am I able to get rating and feedback also or no.

Regds
Vishal
liaqat612
Liaqat A Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
36 of 253

Hello Vishal,

no, if you try to direct contract with a client outside of Upwork the job and rating will not be showing also trying not to contract outside form Upwork because your payment will be at risk.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 253

Vishal B wrote:

Direct Contract will shown on my profile or not.

It will not.

tunnel_sd
Sohan U Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
38 of 253

I have a client from Maldives, I've send him a direct contract but he could not authorize and fund after verifying email. This error message is showing from last night:

We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

ue-5-5-2020 5-51-16 PM.png

Please resolve the issue as soon as possible.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
39 of 253

Hi Sohan,

Please ask your client to try clearing their cache and cookies or funding the contract via another browser. If they continue to experience the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
tunnel_sd
Sohan U Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
40 of 253

I asked him and he just cleaned browser cache and didn't work. He also tried from his phone, it's the same.