Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earnings Replacing Hours Worked in Search

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
11 of 200

Hey Kalaani,

Yes, if your merged your Elance account with your Upwork account, those earnings will be included in your lifetime earnings. 

-Lena

Untitled
kalaani
Community Leader
Kalaani W Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
12 of 200

Thanks for info .

So , for other elancers ( not meged accounts ) , will not be able to show there total earnings ? 

I mean can they get there earnings from elance ?

abbeyfire
Samuel A Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
13 of 200

Thank you for your useful information

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
14 of 200

@Lena E wrote:

Today on Upwork, we display freelancer and agency experience as “Hours worked,” both in Freelancer Search and on the client’s proposals page. However, freelancers with more fixed-price work experience have told us this puts them at a disadvantage (...)

And they were expecting Upwork to display both hours worked and the number of jobs done. Not necessarily their earnings instead.

As John K (if my memory serves me well) said once: with Upwork, be careful about what you are asking for :-)

Hey, next time someone has a "good idea" to submit to Upwork, we'll have a little talk. In a dark back alley.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 200

Hey Rene touché.

We did evaluate that option but found the value of displaying fixed-price jobs are often inadequately represented by the number of projects completed. For example, a freelancer may only have 1 job displayed because the client continued to add milestones to the same contract. Displaying earnings instead, yet adding the mouse-over to account for the full work history, offers a better representation of a freelancer's experience on Upwork. 

-Lena

Untitled
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 200

Rene, your memory serves you well, you paraphrased what I wrote on a few occasions. Cat Wink I imagine once the change goes into effect, there will be some discussion about it in the forum, but as usual, it's closing the barn door after the horse bolted. Cat Sad

Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 200

Upwork may take some heat on that one. Indeed.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
18 of 200

Re:

------

but as usual, it's closing the barn door after the horse bolted. 

-----

This might not apply to Rene, and oh Rene, I love brilliant ideas but with you on the prowl, I am going to keep them under wraps and avoid the dark alleys for a while. Lolz.

This widget could not be displayed.
19 of 200
This widget could not be displayed.

It does not make sense at all that freelancers who pay for their membership now will disappear in the clients' search results. Thank you Upwork! No client will select "any earnings".

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
20 of 200

Margarete, that's only if you have plus membership and choose to make earnings private. Since I don't have plus membership, it's academic to me, but it's problematic for plus members.