Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earnings Replacing Hours Worked in Search

This widget could not be displayed.
21 of 200

@John K wrote:

Margarete, that's only if you have plus membership and choose to make earnings private. Since I don't have plus membership, it's academic to me, but it's problematic for plus members.

John, I have a Plus membership and made my earnings private. However, that does not mean that I do not want to appear in search results anymore. 

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 200

@Lena E wrote:

Hey Rene touché.

We did evaluate that option but found the value of displaying fixed-price jobs are often inadequately represented by the number of projects completed.

Lena, you could have chosen to display levels like: $, $$, $$$, $$$$ and not plastering people's income before asking them if they are comfortable with this.

And I know, you can hide your earnings with premium and disappear from the listing, thank you very much.

Are you mods gonna to display your salary next to your name in the community?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
23 of 200

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
24 of 200

Hi Margarete,

Preston is correct, I can confirm that your profile will still show in freelancer search unless the client specifically filters the results by earnings. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
25 of 200

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Margarete,

Preston is correct, I can confirm that your profile will still show in freelancer search unless the client specifically filters the results by earnings. 

Yes, and the client will do this if this option is offered and so my profile will not appear in the most search results. The Plus membership freelancers contribute a considerable amount to Upwork's income and it is not acceptable that they will be disadvantaged. If only 100,000 freelancers have a Plus membership this means 12 million USD per year from Plus members.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
26 of 200

Hi Rene, 

$, $$, $$$ symbols were something we considered. We actually reviewed that option with some freelancers and that was the option they liked the least. It left too much room for interpretation.

27 of 200

Then probably Upworks enterprise clients' rates will also be shown on the freelancer's profiles that are mostly hidden at the moment.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
28 of 200

Attention inhabitants of Upworktown!

Please chack this new announcment: Earnings Replacing Hours Worked in Search

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
29 of 200