Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earnings Replacing Hours Worked in Search

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
41 of 200

Thanks for the post Mary. Just to confirm, we're not displaying your earnings on this visual, instead we're going to be showing a range here. The example in the screenshot is $20K+.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
42 of 200

@Garnor M wrote:

Thanks for the post Mary. Just to confirm, we're not displaying your earnings on this visual, instead we're going to be showing a range here. The example in the screenshot is $20K+.

I can live with this.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
43 of 200

I can live with it but it still discriminates against those who only do this part time.  I don't want my clients to know that I only do this part time.  It makes me sound amateurish.

garnorm
Community Guru
44 of 200

I don't agree this discriminates against a freelancer who does this part time. Whether you spend all your time freelancing or only some of it, this takes "time" out of the equation for an initial view of experience. Job "counts" are still shown (on hover over the earnings range) and the "Work History and Feedback" section of your profile is still going to be chock full of contracts you've done here on Upwork.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
45 of 200

Yeah, I guess I agree. I'm just pretty sensitive about my earnings.

garnorm
Community Guru
46 of 200

Agree to disagree? Or agree to agree? Smiley Wink

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
47 of 200

Margarete has a point.

How about it is tweaked so Pro Members (who pay for a service after all) still get found in their respective earnings range, just without their earnings being shown on the profile?

So let's say someone with the privacy feature has lifetime earnings of $ 121k and the client searches for $ over $ 100k - they could come up in that search?

Asking people to pay for a perk and then disadvantaging them for it seems wrong...

The "privacy" feature is limited anyway as anyone can find what the Pro Members were paid for contracts with just a few mouse-clicks anyway.

This widget could not be displayed.
48 of 200
This widget could not be displayed.

@Petra R wrote:

Margarete has a point.

How about it is tweaked so Pro Members (who pay for a service after all) still get found in their respective earnings range, just without their earnings being shown on the profile?

So let's say someone with the privacy feature has lifetime earnings of $ 121k and the client searches for $ over $ 100k - they could come up in that search?

Asking people to pay for a perk and then disadvantaging them for it seems wrong...

The "privacy" feature is limited anyway as anyone can find what the Pro Members were paid for contracts with just a few mouse-clicks anyway.

There are a lot of freelancers with many hours and many fixed-priced projects who are also disadvantaged because their earnings are not high (reason: they come from a region with low income). And this feature helps scammers to target specifically freelancers with high earnings. And a warning email has to be sent to all Plus membership freelancers so that they can think about the consequences. I do not need the Plus membership to buy additional connects I have bought it because of the feature that I can hide my earnings. 

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
49 of 200

I am against having my earnings shown publicly. Retrospective punishment for ex-elancers who chose not to merge their accounts, is completely out of order.

kalaani
Community Leader
Kalaani W Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
50 of 200

Hey Garnor , Can you confirm what will happend to Elancers that not merged there accounts ? ;D

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS