Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earnings Replacing Hours Worked in Search

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
51 of 200

Hi Kalaani,

Unfortunately, if a freelancer hasn't merged their Elance account with their Upwork's account, their Elance earnings can't be counted in their lifetime billings.

~ Valeria
Upwork
cristina-popa
Ace Contributor
Cristina P Member Since: Apr 19, 2015
52 of 200

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Kalaani,

Unfortunately, if a freelancer hasn't merged their Elance account with their Upwork's account, their Elance earnings can't be counted in their lifetime billings.

Valeria,

We should talk lexicology. I was invited to "duplicate" my Elance account, therefore I can see that my previous E earnings are excluded from lifetime billings. How is that fair to people who d-u-p-l-i-c-a-t-e-d their accounts?

Best

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
53 of 200

Hi Cristina,

I can confirm your earnings on Elance are included in your lifetime billing in the same way that your Elance contracts are displayed in your Work History. You copied/duplicated your Elance account and by design your reputation from Elance was transferred to your Upwork account. That means that your total lifetime billing displayed to clients will include your Elance earnings.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
54 of 200

I always had a Plus membership - on Elance and on Upwork and I have just cancelled it because of the new changes. They forced me to do that. I do not need to pay 120 USD + VAT extra to disappear in clients' search results. If Upwork wants to get rid of the Plus membership the new changes are very helpful. Woman Sad

Where those freelancers who complained to be disadvantaged because of their multiple fixed-price projects mainly agencies/farmers?

kalaani
Community Leader
Kalaani W Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
55 of 200

Now you cant add aditional connects . ;D Just a reminder ...

56 of 200

I do not need additional connects. At the moment I have 200 connects and cannot spend most of them.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
57 of 200

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread earlier as they were deliberately negative. While we understand opinions about this change may differ and some people may disagree with it, we will remove posts that neither contain constructive criticism nor clarifying questions.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
58 of 200

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread earlier as they were deliberately negative. While we understand opinions about this change may differ and some people may disagree with it, we will remove posts that neither contain constructive criticism nor clarifying questions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Two questions:

When will this be applied? Is Lena's response accurate or a ballpark figure?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
59 of 200

Hi Robert,

As Lena stated, the change will take effect within the next two weeks.

Untitled
kyriakosp
Kyriakos P Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
60 of 200

Thinking as a, relative, new freelancer in UW, who hasn't done much work yet, i prefer to keep some data hidden. Such infos, as the earnings are, isn't an asset for me (at this time). Even if i am experience enough to complete succesfully a complex project, the client may choose by filtering parameters that has nothing to do with my skills or my current range of prices.

Thinking as a client, of course i would like (demand) as much filters (data) as posible by searching freelancers. I couldn't agree more on this step. Well done.

My concern is, when a client with a small project (lets assume 5-100$), has the ability to demand freelancers with high earnings, additional to Job Succes and UW hours. This is more a feeling than fact, though.
I couln't be happier if UW clients can prove me wrong on this.

Kyriakos

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS