Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask my client to add milestones

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
11 of 22

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

Edit: I checked your account again, and I would just like to confirm if you are referring to the milestones under the work in progress or the ones under in review?

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
12 of 22

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

Edit: I checked your account again, and I would just like to confirm if you are referring to the milestones under the work in progress or the ones under in review?

It is the Reports > Overview that is wrong. I have a $414 job still showing as $50.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 22

Hi Jennifer, 

Joanne and I were able to locate the job you're referring to and see that the amount didn't update in the Reports. The milestone is updated and has the new amount funded. However, I am definitely going to flag the issue with Reports not updating with the new information to our product team and get back to you once I hear back. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 22

Hi Jennifer,

I was just informed that the issue with the updated amount not showing in Reports has been addresses. Could you please let me know if you still don't see it updating on the Reports page?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
15 of 22

This is great.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
16 of 22

Would it be a good idea that the contract name can also be proposed a change to?.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 22

Hi Lucio,

I'll share your feedback with the team for consideration. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Lauren A Member Since: May 25, 2020
18 of 22

Hi!

My client and I have a contract for $1300, which should be completed over 6 weeks. I accepted the contract and everything is all good, but today I just had a thought that I'd rather it be divided into milestones. So I don't get to the end of the 6 weeks and something goes wrong and I end up not getting paid. Can I ask him to add milestones in an existing contract, is that possible? Or would he need to make a new contract?

Thank you

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
19 of 22

Hi Lauren,

Please refer to this post for more information on how you can propose change for an active milestone. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
20 of 22

Lauren A wrote:

Hi!

My client and I have a contract for $1300, which should be completed over 6 weeks. I accepted the contract and everything is all good, but today I just had a thought that I'd rather it be divided into milestones. So I don't get to the end of the 6 weeks and something goes wrong and I end up not getting paid. Can I ask him to add milestones in an existing contract, is that possible? Or would he need to make a new contract?

Thank you

The simple answer to your question is "No".

You cannot split an existing milestone into smaller chunks.

You can increase the value of a milestone but you can't decrease. For good reason, because up is how you should go, not down.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS