Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance Site Shutdown Feb 21 2018

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 12

Hi everyone,

We are notifying all prior Elance users that on February 21, 2018, Elance will be completely shut down and you will no longer be able to log in to access your account or financial records.

You have until February 21st to log in to access your workrooms, files, and past messages and retrieve any documentation or invoices you may need for tax purposes.

Here’s how you can download your various Elance files:

• Account files: Go to Manage > Files, and click “Download Account Files” at the top of the page.

• Messages: Go to a specific workroom, and click “Download All Messages” at the top of the page. The file will contain all messages for that specific workroom only.
  • Transaction history: Go to Manage > Transactions, and click the “Download Data” menu option on the left side of the page.

Use the link here to Log in to your Elance account

Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 12

RIP Elance Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 12

Not that I really need to access it, but when are you notifying previous Elance users? I'm one and I didn't get any notification...

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Isabelle,

Can you please confirm if you were active on Elance in 2016? If you weren't active for a long time, you wouldn't have gotten the email notification.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
5 of 12

I don't think 2016 - but I was active in 2014 and maybe 2015... (can't remember)

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
6 of 12

Vlad, I was active on eLance until the bitter end ... and did not get a notification.

R.I.P,  eLance; you are sorely missed.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
7 of 12

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. It left me really emotional for few minutes. I love Upwork, but I'll never forget Elance. It's really interesting that today, my first Elance client hired me on Upwork. 

elance-shutdown.png

-----------------------------------------

Please note that despite having my email address changed on Upwork, I have received the above notification to the old email address that I used to access Elance with. So Isabelle Anne & Wendy: You probably need to check your other email address too if that's applicable.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 12

Ahh, Wassim - if it were only that easy.  Smiley Sad 

I'm now on my second months-long ticket w/ CS re email & communications issues.  

The only emails I've never not had issues with are U's "you might be interested in XXX jobs" (99.9% worthless); forum likes (validation and/or flattery but def. not essential); and (thank God) notification of withdrawal.

Jeetu K Member Since: Feb 2, 2017
9 of 12

I need to access elance history of my account , I also need details for payments i had  withdrawn with Elance i used to get emails with subject 'We received your withdrawal request $$$' but some of the emails were missing and i need those for local tax purpose , let me know if it is possible to get those payment details ?.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 12

Hi Jeetu,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this request. Our team will contact you directly soon and assist with the information you are looking for. If you have any further questions please share them on the ticket our team will contact you through, so we can keep all the communication in one place.