🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Expanding Direct to Local Bank availability
Page options

Expanding Direct to Local Bank availability

lenaellis
Community Member

Starting in April, we will be expanding Direct to Local Bank withdrawals to several additional countries. Freelancers located in these countries will now be able to utilize DLB as a withdrawal option to transfer funds in their local currency directly to their bank. For many, this could be the least expensive way to get paid because the cost per payment is only $0.99. Since the transfer is done using each country’s local network, incoming bank fees are usually reduced or eliminated.

New countries added:

• Albania
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Egypt
  • Faroe Islands
  • Gibraltar
  • Greenland
  • Isle of Man
  • Israel
  • Jersey
  • Korea, South
  • South Africa
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey

Previously, because DLB wasn’t available in these countries, they were given a reduced rate on Payoneer and PayPal withdrawals. Since we are now able to offer this new, low-cost option, we are also updating the fees for e-wallet style payments in these countries. As of April 6th, 2020, PayPal and Payoneer withdrawal fees will increase from $1.00 USD to $2.00 USD per withdrawal, which is the same fee other freelancers pay who have the same payment options.

If you want to see what payment options are available to you today, click “Add a Payment Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”). For more information on Direct to Local Bank withdrawals see this help article.

31 Comments
kellen16
Community Member
Any plans to add Uganda (and other countries)? Since Payoneer's MasterCard debit cards have been frozen, we don't have many other options for withdrawing our funds. Thank you.
bejanhtc
Community Member

Hi, may I know please which Turkish banks are supported by Upwork ?

I've been struggling to add several popular banks, like: Is Bankasi, Ziraat Bankasi, Iktisit Bank and etc. So I'm wondering which bank is supported.

fakhar_wail
Community Member
Hey Badr,

Do you know how long DLB takes in Morocco? For example if I do the transfer on Monday when would I receive it?

Thanks in advance.
f01850f3
Community Member

I am new on upwork is there any limit for withdraw ? i mean if some one has $30 or $40 is he able to withdraw amount?

petra_r
Community Member

Shah F wrote:

I am new on upwork is there any limit for withdraw ? i mean if some one has $30 or $40 is he able to withdraw amount?

Yes, if the money is under Available in the Reports Overview. and the freelancer has set up a withdrawal method and completed their tax info and isn't suspended.

You don't appear to have any earnings yet though?

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Shah,

If you're referring to Direct to Local Bank withdrawals, there's no limit in terms of the minimum amount you can withdrawal. The same is true for other withdrawal methods. A freelancer needs to make sure they withdraw an amount that is above the withdrawal fee on Upwork and possible incoming bank fees (they can check these fees with their bank). You can find more information in this Help article.

criselenacris
Community Member

Hi, Bezhan!

Have you managed to add a Turkish bank? If yes, which one! Thank you!

architectsb
Community Member

Hello, Bezhan

Have you managed to add any Turkish Bank account? Which one is support the Upwork? And is there any extra fee except 0.99$? Namely, how much does it cost in total to transfer money to Turkey?
Thanks a lot

criselenacris
Community Member

Hi! 

Yapı Kredi works. Only 0,99 dollars. No additional transfer fees.

architectsb
Community Member

Thanks Elena, do you know anything about "İş Bankası"?