cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding Direct to Local Bank availability

Highlighted
Artur G Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
11 of 21

Problem with "Direct to local bank" in Russia.

I used "Direct to local bank" in Russian last year many times.

The last payment in december 2019 I received with new purpose of payment string in bank payment order "{VO20200}Upwork НДС УПЛАЧИВАЕТСЯ ОТДЕЛЬНО" (in English translation it means "{VO20200}Upwork VAT paid separately").

All previous payments had purpose of payment string: "{VO99090}Salary, Без НДС." (in English translation "{VO99090}Salary, Without VAT.").

It happened at the same time as UpWork changed Bank sender from

QIWI Bank//UPWORK GLOBAL INC TRANSFAST//SANTA
CLARA, 2625 AUGUSTINE DRIVE, SUITE 601

to

CITIBANK EUROPE PLC, 1 NORTH WALL QUAY, DUBLIN, Ireland 

Taking string "{VO20200}Upwork VAT paid separately" in purpose of payment may rise a problem with Russian tax service for me, since I should not pay any VAT.

I tried to take an answer from UpWork support but support didn't get what I am asking for.

Could you redirect my question or give a contact of person who able to solve 'Direct to local bank" Russia connected problems?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 21

Hi Artur, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I was looking into this further. I can see that you already have a ticket regarding your concern. It would be best to follow up on the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further. On my end, I will follow up with the team so that they can look into this. 

In the meantime, please also check with your local bank why VAT was charged to your local bank transfer. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
13 of 21

Thanks, Avery.

I hope with your attention, support team will go further in my question.

> In the meantime, please also check with your local bank why VAT was charged to your local bank transfer. 

My bank didn't charge VAT from me. I am asking why bank sender (where UpWork has an account and transfer money from) added payment purpose string "VAT paid separately". It is not connected with my bank, since my bank is only receiver of payment and can't change payment details including payment purpose string. My bank support forced me to ask UpWork about it. And I am doing that.

Best,
Artur.

Highlighted
14 of 21

Problem with "Direct to local bank" in Russia.

I used "Direct to local bank" in Russia last year many times.

The last payment in december 2019 I received with new purpose of payment string in bank payment order "{VO20200}Upwork НДС УПЛАЧИВАЕТСЯ ОТДЕЛЬНО" (in English translation it means "{VO20200}Upwork VAT paid separately").

All previous payments had purpose of payment string: "{VO99090}Salary, Без НДС." (in English translation "{VO99090}Salary, Without VAT.").

It happened at the same time as UpWork changed Bank sender from

QIWI Bank//UPWORK GLOBAL INC TRANSFAST//SANTA
CLARA, 2625 AUGUSTINE DRIVE, SUITE 601

to

CITIBANK EUROPE PLC, 1 NORTH WALL QUAY, DUBLIN, Ireland 

Taking string "{VO20200}Upwork VAT paid separately" in purpose of payment may rise a problem with Russian tax service for me, since I should not pay any VAT.

I tried to take an answer from UpWork support but support didn't get what I am asking for.

Could anyone redirect my question or give a contact of person who able to solve 'Direct to local bank" Russia connected problems?

Highlighted
Renat K Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
15 of 21

Hello Artur.

Noticed same label just now : "Upwork НДС УПЛАЧИВАЕТСЯ ОТДЕЛЬНО".

Have you figured out if its ok or not?

Highlighted
16 of 21

Upwork, do you have a reply for our question?

Highlighted
17 of 21

I have same problem as Artur.

Forum thread created by Artur has no answers.

Is upwork going to keep a message that VAT is paid separately?

It may cause problems with local tax service

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 21

Hi Renat,

We cannot control what the local banks use on the statement when sending deposits through Direct to Local Bank transfer. Each bank and country can have its own policy that is outside of our control. Therefore, we can't make amends to the remittance information you're referring to. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Luis M Member Since: Nov 11, 2019
19 of 21

Hi,

This is not really the place to discuss my issue, but i'm receiving only automatic answers and I'm chatting only with a bot... I hope to get some "human" feedback here!

I work as freelancer (not an agency!), but I am using my own company to invoice. Everything has been cleared and verified with Upwork a long time ago, and there was absolutely no issue.

I decided to change of bank, and updated the bank account on my profile.

There was an automatic mismatch between names (company vs personal name), but it was said that this would be checked manually.

After "manual" check I got a mail stating again that there was a mismatch (while my account already has the company data checked) and I was asked to upload documents. I have no problems in doing so, but the document required is my ID, so I doubt that this will help in validating a company bank account...

In the end, my question is: how can I reach a human support?

He could check in 2mins that the company details in my profile match the bank account details, while bots keep on telling me that my personal details do not match the bank account details...

Thanks!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 21

Hi Luis, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and come back here once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS