Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Profiles?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
41 of 150

Hi Vasile, 

Currently, Specialized Profiles are being rolled out to freelancers in the Mobile Development, and Design and Creative. You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
42 of 150

Avery O wrote:

Hi Vasile, 

Currently, Specialized Profiles are being rolled out to freelancers in the Mobile Development, and Design and Creative. You may read more about it here.

Hi Avery, I have this option sitting on my profile for a few weeks now, it takes up my whole screen, and there is no option for it to go away. I don't need it, because I have only one skill Smiley Wink 

Vasile B Member Since: Feb 10, 2019
43 of 150

Thanks for kindly telling me. I often find specialized profile and I am also Web and mobile developer. In this case, can I have specialized profile, too?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
44 of 150

Vasile B wrote:

Thanks for kindly telling me. I often find specialized profile and I am also Web and mobile developer. In this case, can I have specialized profile, too?

Vasile B wrote:

Hi Vasile, if this is directed to me: I think it is by invitation only, I did nothing and really don't know why I received the option to do it...

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
45 of 150

Hi Vasile,

Thanks for your question. We are beginning to roll out specialized profiles slowly and at this time, most freelancers who have completed mobile development or design & creative projects in the past have been invited to create a specialized profile. We hope to roll out the option to other categories in the coming months. We’ll keep you posted!

I merged the thread in which you posted your comments to the announcement one here, so you can check the information we've shared regarding this feature in the meantime and continue to follow new updates.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
46 of 150

Ok I don't get it. Specialized profiles are supposed to be available only for those who fall in the Mobile Development and Design & Creative categories, right? How come I'm seeing a HUGE annoying popup on top of my profile, which I can't get rid of? (See screenshot.) Does proofreading and editing fall into those categories?? All the categories I've selected for my profile fall under the Writing category.

specialized profile.png

Employee
Cary L Employee Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
47 of 150

Hi Isabelle Anne, 

Thank you for your note! You are right that this feature was only meant to be rolled out to folks in the Design and Creative and Mobile Development Categories for now. (We'll be rolling out the options for the rest of the Categories soon.)

I apologize - we are using a model to look through profiles in order to determine which users might be interested in these options and you were mistakenly identified! We're still refining this model so that we can invite the right people to the right experiences - your feedback is going to be very helpful! 

I'll go ahead and update the experience so that you don't continue to see this prompt to create a Specialized Profile that isn't relevant to you right now. 

Thanks again, 

Cary 

Community Guru
48 of 150

Thank you Cary, but the prompt/popup is still there ... can you please double-check with the team that they've removed it before asking me to clear my cache / delete my cookies?

Community Guru
49 of 150

The popup is still there and I'm yet to receive a response. I've tried a different browser and the prompt still shows. Specialized profiles are fine for those who want it, but I don't want it forced on me, especially when it's not even supposed to be available for my category yet (very strange). Has someone put this on my profile as a response to my criticism on the feature? If so, they've successfully annoyed me because now I have to deal with this thing every time I need to visit/edit my profile.

Should I open a ticket for this or something??

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
50 of 150

Hi Isabelle Anne,

Thanks for your patience, we apologize for the inconvenience. This was not done intentionally Smiley Happy No need to open a ticket. As Cary mentioned, they're refining the model, once updated you will be removed from the experience. We are hoping for early next week but will update you if anything changes via PM. 

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS