Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profile Editing

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
131 of 143

Michelle A wrote:

Hi, this is not applicable to me since my specialty is not listed in the options. I've submitted it as a suggestion yet the huge banner still clutters up my profile. Can I request to have it removed please?

Thank you.

I've been asking this same question for months. It would be really nice to get a straight answer, and a solution!

Valentina D Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
132 of 143

Hello.

I have been seen recently at some freelance profiles that they have different descriptions for every set of skills they have. For example, a grafic designer who has a tab on her profile that describes her job as an illustrator; another tab as a logo designer an so. Each tab has a different profile description and job history.

How do they do that?

I would like to do that with my freelance Upwork account, since I can do different types of jobs and mixing all on one single description could be confusing for prospect clients.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
133 of 143

Hi Valentina, 

These are Specialized Profiles, and are currently being offerred to freelancers in the Mobile Development, and Design & Creative categories. You may read more information about Specialized Profiles in this help article, and this Community post.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Frances H Member Since: Jul 4, 2018
134 of 143

How do I add to my specialized "Presentation Design? profile? According to the Help Center there is an "edit" option on the specialized profile but I can't find it anywhere.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
135 of 143

Hi Frances,

Please do click on Menage Specialized Profiles link, which is located on the right side above the Specialized Profiles tabs:

1.png

Once you do, please click on the three dots drop-down menu icon, and chose Edit:

2.png

This will present to you the Edit Specialized Profile page.

I hope this helped.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Soumya N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
136 of 143

a. For specialized profiles under "Writing": why is it that some offer industry options and others don't?

Ex: Content Writing has industry options, but Copywriting doesn't. Screenshots attached.

b. I've also noted job postings where there are industries specified by the client that aren't available to be added to the specialized profile to make it more relevant and a better fit.

Please view: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The client was able to specify "Fitness" as an industry, yet it isn't available to be added to my specialized profile. The closest is "Healthcare and Medical," which I've already added.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
137 of 143

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for your question and feedback. I'll share it with the team that's improving Specialized Profiles and adding more categories, skills and industries to them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Soumya N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
138 of 143

Hi Valeria,

You're very welcome and thank you too. Your prompt response and help are appreciated as always. I was flummoxed how clients are able to add industries that don't exist for me to add unless these are suggestions from them that were auto-accepted.

I'd really appreciate a follow-up about the same please.

Best,

Soumya

Elaman I Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
139 of 143

Before the release of the Specialized profile feature, I wrote my profile to fill one specific niche (one skillset).

Now after Specialized profile feature is release, I've created two profiles each focuses on two different niches.

Question is: What do I do with General profile? Do I rewrite it to accomodate to skiils? Will that affect my visibility in searches? Wouldn't that violate long standing rule to specialize on just single niche?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
140 of 143

Relevant and valid question, Elaman.  I flagged your post to draw a moderator's attention to it.  Hopefully you will get a direct and informative answer.  And one that the rest of will learn from....

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS