cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding Specialized Profiles for Freelancers

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
141 of 145

Hi Elaman,

Thanks for reaching out. Unlike a general profile, a specialized profile will allow you to create a separate title and overview, as well as set a different rate. It will also let you go into more detail about the type of skills you do work in. For example, for mobile development: programming languages, types of devices you develop on, which categories of apps you’ve worked on, etc. You can keep your general profile the way it is or update it – it's up to you. When a client uses the search function to search for freelancers we will show them your most relevant profile, whether it's your general profile or your specialized one.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
142 of 145

Just to make sure - all your agency members that you assign work to must have their own upwork profiles. You mention a team of 10 people, so there should be 10 people under your agency. You can't have an agency for yourself only. 

Muhammad N Member Since: Mar 13, 2019
143 of 145

thanks for consideration, but i just want to know that can i create specialized profiles on different topic which will show on my uwpwork profile not agency profile. 

Actually the thing is upwork allow me to create speciallized profile. So can i create specialized profile on different topic. 

Mike R Member Since: Nov 27, 2017
144 of 145

I currently have specialized profiles for Captioning/Transcription and Copy Editing/Proofreading.  I'd like to separate captioning from transcription since they are two different services and have different workflows.

Also, I'm looking to add a research service and cannot create a specialized profile.  Since this thread is a year old, does Upwork plan to expand the number of specialized profiles that one can make?  Surely, most of us freelancers have a LOT of talents that clients could use.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
145 of 145

Hi Mike, 

Currently only 2 Specialized profiles can be created in each freelancer profile. We do not have plans of expanding the number of Specialized Profiles that can be created. But I'll pass along your suggestion to the team for their consideration. 

Thank you for sharing it with us!

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS