cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding Specialized Profiles for Freelancers

Highlighted
Kateryna H Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
11 of 165
Hello, tell me please, how can I choose a specialized profile, when I submit proposal and send cover letter.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 165

Hi Kateryna, 

When you submit a proposal for a job, you’ll be able to choose which profile to submit with your proposal. If you don’t have a specialized profile or don’t select one, the client will then see your general profile. While one profile can be selected, the client will always be able to view any versions of your profile.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Kateryna H Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
13 of 165
Hello Please help me figure it out. Explain in more detail exactly
where i can choose a specialized profile when i am submitting a
proposition. And can I make it through the application on the phone?

Look to my screenshots please. Scr_1 –My profile. As you can see, I
was created Specialized profile “Graphic design”. Scr_2 – proposal
from My feed. For clarity i push 'Submit’. (Actually I can not
submit it until figure out how to use spec profile). Scr_3- is window
of Submitting proposition. Where exactly I can Specify account. Can
you mark it for me? Or I can do it on another window? And what about
mobile app? HELP).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
14 of 165

Hello !

How do I add more graphics to an already created Specialized Profile ?

I want to add more of them, but could not find a way to do it.

If I did, it comes up a new category. I want it under the others I already uploaded.

Anyone who knows how to..?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Karin

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 165

Hi Karin,

Are you referring to portfolio items? When adding portfolio items for a specialized profile you should have an option to either upload a new one or select from the ones you have already uploaded. Please, let me know if that's not what you see:

Screenshot_9.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 165

Kateryna, sorry about the confusion.

Right now if you are applying to a job that is posted for the same specialty, we automatically display your matching specialized profile in your proposal (the client can still switch over to view your general profile). If they you're applying to a job that is posted for a different specialty, we default to showing your general profile (but the client can still switch over to view your specialized profile). 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Najam U Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
17 of 165

Can I convert my one of the specialized profile to my main profile or vice versa?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 165

Hi Najam,

A specialized profile has certain characteristics as well as not including ceratin options general profile does, which you can find in this Help article. You can edit both of these profiles to your preference but that's not in line with how the specialized profile feature was designed and intended to be used. Would you mind sharing the rationale for taking this step?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
19 of 165

Just received an email asking to create a specialized profile again. My question isn't about that though but in the email it congratulates me on my earnings and provides a number. What time period is this number supposed to represent? It's nowhere close to life time or a year and it's also not YTD. So what is this number?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 165

Hi Scott, 

I was unable to identify the email that was sent to your account. Could you please share the subject of the email so that I can look into this further?

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS