cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding opportunities with Talent Scout™!

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 142

When will you start vetting translators? It is not that hard to seperate the professionals from the self-proclaimed translators but would make a big difference for those that do not charge clients for machine translations.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 142

Hi Jennifer,

We do plan to expand the program to other categories in the future. We don't have the exact timing yet, but we'll make sure to inform the Community when it happens.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 142

Hi Christine,

These are not separate programs. Talent Scout is open for applications from talent who already have profiles on Upwork and those who don't. Those who don't have a profile, however, will have to register and create their profile. During the application process professionals can share information about their skills, past experience and expertise. If they have any online portfolios or personal websites that showcase their work, they'll have an opportunity to include them in their submission. That information along with their Upwork reputation will be taken into consideration. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
14 of 142

Valeria, I signed up and they turned me down. But, can you explain this to me?
- First tells me that my skills do not match what they are looking for, that's fine. I mostly do animation and you may not be looking for that.
- Afterwards, we couldn't certify your skills.
How are they supposed to certify skills?
- Why I was not accepted: they review "experience, education, existing skills and reviews on Upwork" I think I have all this Smiley Very Happy

It seems to me that the whole message is a bit confusing.

00.png

Also, they skipped step 3.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
15 of 142

None of these programs have ever included anyone in the legal fields.  Never.  Sigh.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 142

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do see a few areas in which we can do better and improve our communication, and I've shared your report with our team. Thanks for raising these valid points.

I can confirm if a freelancer's application was denied it likely means that their current skills are not a good match for the needs of the clients who use Talent Scout. I checked and can confirm your application was processed properly.

Untitled
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
17 of 142

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do see a few areas in which we can do better and improve our communication, and I've shared your report with our team. Thanks for raising these valid points.

I can confirm if a freelancer's application was denied it likely means that their current skills are not a good match for the needs of the clients who use Talent Scout. I checked and can confirm your application was processed properly.

Thanks Vlad.
I was not complaining that I had not been accepted, only that the communications are very confusing.

piyushseem
Community Leader
Piush P Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
18 of 142

The same thing happened in my submission too. I’m really very surprised that why my skills couldn’t be certified even I have already got the green tick mark?

Second, I've been working at Upwork since 2011, with only the skills I mentioned in my submission. Do you think my 10 year of Upwork experience is still not certified and less than against your requirements?

And finally I do not understand why my skills are not matching as per your requirement while mobile game development is on top of the current market?

ffdb56d8
Ace Contributor
Vedant J Member Since: Nov 30, 2020
19 of 142

So, I made it to the first round but, but I am curious that, would only my Upwork experience count or does my other freelance experience count as well, as I have worked with some big clients, including a Fortune 500. Thanks for reading this.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
20 of 142

Hi Vedant,

We look at a variety of factors in applicants, including your experience, education, and existing skills. If you are already on Upwork, we will also review your Upwork reputation (such as your feedback and Job Success Score).

~Andrea
Upwork