cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding opportunities with Talent Scout™!

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 81

When will you start vetting translators? It is not that hard to seperate the professionals from the self-proclaimed translators but would make a big difference for those that do not charge clients for machine translations.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 81

Hi Jennifer,

We do plan to expand the program to other categories in the future. We don't have the exact timing yet, but we'll make sure to inform the Community when it happens.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
13 of 81

Hi Christine,

These are not separate programs. Talent Scout is open for applications from talent who already have profiles on Upwork and those who don't. Those who don't have a profile, however, will have to register and create their profile. During the application process professionals can share information about their skills, past experience and expertise. If they have any online portfolios or personal websites that showcase their work, they'll have an opportunity to include them in their submission. That information along with their Upwork reputation will be taken into consideration. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
14 of 81

Valeria, I signed up and they turned me down. But, can you explain this to me?
- First tells me that my skills do not match what they are looking for, that's fine. I mostly do animation and you may not be looking for that.
- Afterwards, we couldn't certify your skills.
How are they supposed to certify skills?
- Why I was not accepted: they review "experience, education, existing skills and reviews on Upwork" I think I have all this Smiley Very Happy

It seems to me that the whole message is a bit confusing.

00.png

Also, they skipped step 3.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
15 of 81

None of these programs have ever included anyone in the legal fields.  Never.  Sigh.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 81

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do see a few areas in which we can do better and improve our communication, and I've shared your report with our team. Thanks for raising these valid points.

I can confirm if a freelancer's application was denied it likely means that their current skills are not a good match for the needs of the clients who use Talent Scout. I checked and can confirm your application was processed properly.

Untitled
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
17 of 81

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do see a few areas in which we can do better and improve our communication, and I've shared your report with our team. Thanks for raising these valid points.

I can confirm if a freelancer's application was denied it likely means that their current skills are not a good match for the needs of the clients who use Talent Scout. I checked and can confirm your application was processed properly.

Thanks Vlad.
I was not complaining that I had not been accepted, only that the communications are very confusing.

nitinsharma91
Ace Contributor
Nitin Kumar S Member Since: Jun 9, 2014
18 of 81

Zain M wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I applied for Talent Scout program yesterday, I checked my Talent Scout Dashboard and it's approved and it asks me to submit eirher my LinkedIn or Personal Website

Now when I submit my LinkedIn profile, it states 

"Thanks for your submission, We'll get back to you soon" but when I refresh the page it again asks for submission and so on.

Kindly let me know is there any bug or some other issue,

Thanks

p.s I haven't received any email regarding approval of my Talent Scout Application yet, I just checked my status on my Talent Scout Dashboard

Now I'm facing the exact same issue. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
19 of 81

Hi Nitin Kumar,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. Our product team is already working to address this and make sure that talent doesn't see a request for information they've already submitted. Rest assured, once your submission is reviewed, you will be receiving an email with more information about next steps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
20 of 81

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Christine,

That's a good question. Both Talent Scout and Expert Vetted require a freelancer to go through a similar vetting process, and both will require skill certifications and an interview. But with the Expert-Vetted Talent program, you’ll need to be invited and complete a more thorough interview process.

If you'd like, you can apply to be part of the Talent Scout program by clicking click here. Please allow at least 21 days for us to review your application.

What about those of us who are already Expert-Vetted and have, therefore, already completed a more thorough interview process? Is there a way to expedite our joining the Talent Scout program?