cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding opportunities with Talent Scout™!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 81

Hi Phyllis,

If you are already Expert-Vetted and now apply for Talent Scout, you will not have to go through the entire screening process. The Talent Scout team will work closely with your Expert-Vetted Talent Manager to identify opportunities for you. Please reach out to your Talent Manager with any questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
22 of 81

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

If you are already Expert-Vetted and now apply for Talent Scout, you will not have to go through the entire screening process. The Talent Scout team will work closely with your Expert-Vetted Talent Manager to identify opportunities for you. Please reach out to your Talent Manager with any questions.

Valeria, I was interviewed for the Talent Scout programme and was told that since I'm already Expert Vetted and have two skills certified, it would only take a few days to get accepted. That was two weeks ago. If I don't need to go through the entire screening process and have already been interviewed and vetted, then I don't understand the reasons behind the delay. As for reaching out to my EV Talent Manager, I've only had three messages related to that programme since I got the badge last summer. Is anything actually moving forward with either the Talent Scout programme or with the EV programme?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
23 of 81

Christine A wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

Valeria, I was interviewed for the Talent Scout programme and was told that since I'm already Expert Vetted and have two skills certified, it would only take a few days to get accepted. That was two weeks ago. If I don't need to go through the entire screening process and have already been interviewed and vetted, then I don't understand the reasons behind the delay. As for reaching out to my EV Talent Manager, I've only had three messages related to that programme since I got the badge last summer. Is anything actually moving forward with either the Talent Scout programme or with the EV programme?

Hi Christine,

I just checked with the team and you should be all set! Sorry about the delay.

~ Valeria
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
24 of 81

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Christine,

I just checked with the team and you should be all set! Sorry about the delay.

Hi Valeria - Thanks for getting back to me. So how do I actually access the new marketplace to look for projects? I was told that I could proactively apply, not just wait to be matched with a client. I still haven't received any emails with further information about what happens next.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
25 of 81

Christine,

Just to clarify, talent can proactively apply to be added to the Talent Scout program. Once accepted you don't need to look for or apply for these jobs. That work is done by Upwork specialized recruiters. When a client who's using Talent Scout is looking for your skills, our specialized recruiters will reach out to you and connect you with that client.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jahid_rana
Tuhin H Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
26 of 81

Hi,

My name is Tuhin. I have received an invitation to join Talent Scout - We do the search, you get the work. I made a schedule for an interview but canceled it for a reason. Now the problem is I cannot apply for it again. When I am clicking on the "Join the List" button it shows "Success, you've scheduled your meeting" but have canceled it as I stated. 

I have two questions to ask.

1. Can I Join the list(apply) for an interview again?

2. Is it for Expert-Vetted Program?

Also have an additional question.

1. Can you describe these points in a nutshell? These points are for becoming an Expert-Vetted.

• Hard skill vetting with professional Talent Managers to ensure the highest technical competence
  • Expertise in your domain
  • Soft skill assessment, including reliable execution and excellent communication
  • Personal interview

Thank you very much for paying your attention and helping me.

Best regards,

Tuhin

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
27 of 81

Hi Tuhin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you should be able to apply for the Talent Scout program again and we're following up with the team about the issue you ran into when rescheduling the interview.

Please know that the Talent Scout and Expert-Vetted Talent program are not the same. Both require a freelancer to go through a similar vetting process, and both will require skill certifications and an interview. But with the Expert-Vetted Talent program, you’ll need to be invited and complete a more thorough interview process. 

You can find more information about Talent Scout here and if you want to learn more about the Expert-Vetted Talent program please check this help article.

Regarding your second question. We won't be able to share the specific you are requesting.
However, we are inviting freelancers to be vetted based on their skills and reputation and also on the demand for their skills in our marketplace. Right now we are slowly rolling out this option but plan to gradually increase the number of freelancers we vet. We are initially prioritizing freelancers who have already been successful on Upwork (as indicated by client feedback, Top Rated status, and contract history) but will also expand to newer freelancers in the coming months.

~ Nikola

Untitled
gina-herrera
Community Guru
Gina H Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
28 of 81

Vladimir G wrote:

But with the Expert-Vetted Talent program, you’ll need to be invited and complete a more thorough interview process.

Any chance that having a good interview process with the Talent Scout program will assist with Expert Vetting?

Honestly I just feel like it is super difficult to get noticed in order to get Expert Vetted, I'm not sure what more I can do to help that along but it would be nice if success with one led to the next level. It's just really frustrating since I know if I was reached out to for the expert vetting process I would "pass" but I have to sit here just waiting for a random Upwork rep to reach out about it while knowing full well I'm qualified. If someone was approved for the Talent Scout program, that's sort of a more narrow funnel in regards to quality that maybe would make it easier to sort (ie, if someone was approved for talent scout, then they would be permitted to apply for Expert Vetted – this is based on an assumption that the reason they don't allow applications for Vetted due to overload of designers, but if they can do it for Talent Scout, why not for this?)

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
29 of 81

Hi Gina,

Definitely! While, you will not automatically get the Expert-Vetted badge if you apply and are accepted to Talent Scout, being part of Talent Scout is going to increase your chances of being invited  to the Expert-Vetted program.

~ Valeria
Upwork
puda
Ace Contributor
Lisa J Member Since: May 5, 2016
30 of 81

Last question: I believe I read that it takes about 21 days to get an application reviewed?