cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the time before you can retake a Skills Test

Ace Contributor
Bronson L Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
11 of 23

Wrong direction. 30 days is way too long. One week, or 10 days is plenty of time. 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
12 of 23
@Garnor

Timing aside, how about increasing the pool of questions from the various sections of the tests? That way there is enough variability covering the subject matter, and a freelancer would not take the 'same' test even if it was repeated immediately.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 23

Welcome back, Setu! This is also something we are working on - making sure the test updates and different set of questions is available for the freelancer to answer.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
14 of 23
Thanks Valeria. Sounds good.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Ace Contributor
Md Rashadul I Member Since: Oct 11, 2016
15 of 23

I think the time interval of retake skill test should be 15 days.

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
16 of 23
I vote for 90 days.
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
17 of 23

Have any of the tests been updated yet? I just took one that looked new but was poorly worded.

Robert K Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
18 of 23

IMHO, you guys should leave the 30 day period as it is (or reduce it) and apply an update that will let the user know if the test he wishes to take is the same one he took sometime in the past.

This way if a freelancer has something to learn, he can learn and take the test in the near future, not over 3-6months.

I'm currently learning Java. If I mess up my test, I want to learn more and better myself to score higher and then get some work here.

If I have to wait 3-6months ...what am I supposed to work on in the meantime? Clients will want to see test results.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
19 of 23

Don't extend the time between tests. Add questions to existing tests, many questions, rotate them, make it extremely hard to cheat.

Nowadays, the results are all over the Internet. Extending the time between tests may not be the most efficient way to fight against cheaters.

Also watch for people who take tests so fast that it is obvious that they cheated and suspend their profiles permanently.

You know what? I would even charge people to take tests. Not out of greed, but for two reasons:

- the money may finance better tests,

- it may deter cheaters.

For information, the Duolingo English test costs $50...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Penny S Member Since: May 8, 2017
20 of 23

I think thirty days is plenty of time to improve significantly on a subject. I also feel there should be a shortened wait time after the first attempt as sometimes people just don't know what to expect the first time. It may not be memorizing the previous information, but more focusing in the right direction. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS