cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster payouts for hourly contracts

Highlighted
Monika D Member Since: Dec 7, 2016
31 of 741

I totally agree with you. I'm top rated and my contracts are fixed. So, I don't get any benefits from this change. However, I'm glad someone will get their money faster during this period.

Highlighted
Evangeline M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
32 of 741

As far as I know, once the client released the milesone's funds it will only take 5 days to reflect to your available funds to withdraw. It's almost the same thing I guess. Smiley Happy Although, this one is for Top-Rated Freelancers and Agencies only.

Highlighted
Andrey G Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
33 of 741

Agree. The escrow itself is a protection for clients, not freelancers. Also, I would make a notice for clients, unless there exists any (I don't know, I am not a client Smiley Happy), that freelancers wait for five days untill the payment is realeased, thus acctually extending the escrow for addional five days. This notice should prompt clients to approve milestones asap.

Highlighted
Elena K Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
34 of 741

Hourly contracts have a 10-days holding period, while fixed-price contracts have a 5-days holding period. 10 days is really too long sometimes. 

Highlighted
Ben J Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
35 of 741

At least fixed price contracts were already faster to pay out, but there is definitely the question of why there would be a delay in the first place.

Highlighted
Abid B Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
36 of 741
I am also top rated freelancer, but I don't have received any email from the upwork about it
Highlighted
Community Leader
Jordon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
37 of 741

Why only hourly?

Highlighted
Irfan Ullah K Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
38 of 741
Hourly contracts payouts are now done in 5 days rather than 10 days.

Fixed contracts payments were already being released in 5 days. This means now both hourly and fixed contracts will be paid out in 5 days. So what else do you need?
Highlighted
Adonijah A Member Since: Dec 14, 2018
39 of 741

Why can't you reduce the waiting period from the time the funds for fixed contracts are held for 14 days while waiting for client's approval to 5 days as well? This is because some clients fail to approve the work in time. Therefore, one is forced to wait for the initial 14 days,,then another 5 days. This leads to a total of 19 days. Why can't this be reduced to an initial 5 days and another 5 days?

Highlighted
Robin E Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
40 of 741

Good point, thanks for posting that!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS